Worklog G-Wii Yellow

Portables
P.S. The G-Wii was a huge hit at the Thanksgiving party. Had a uncle, sister in law, brother in law/friends, brother, and dad test it out! They all loved it and had a bunch of good questions. Mainly wanting me to make them one... haha!
Lol I had the same reaction over the Cookies and Criim Ashida - several people asking how to make one and I was like you have no idea the rabbit hole you're trying to enter right now

Great work my guy!

VGA complete!!!

Huge shout out to @Ethan for the help yesterday! And @Gman for being a sounding board and laughing with me through it lol!

This last step of the build was challenging. I ordered different colored magnet wire but it didn't come in on time (for my patience heh) so I just used the same wire and touched each end for one cable and then left the other untouched. Gave the drill some work and got these connections all done!

So boom! I am all set. Tested all my points. H/V Sync done and the RGB all wired up... and then the moment of glory...
Wooooo.. wait... black screen??? What?!
Gman: "did you wire mode to 3v3?"
Pickles/Ethan: "mode"... "dont stress its easy"

Lol so yeah.. I wired up mode as pointed out after a heart attack from me and take 2!!! Moment of glory... and.... Black SCREEN?!?! Oh man what the heck...
Pickles/Ethan: "did you verify its the source button you wired up and not the power?"

LOL wow I had the Power button wired instead of the Source..
Quick swap and moment of glory...
WooooOoOoooOOooo
VGA looks so good!!!
So crisp/fresh/clean!!! WOW. I had no idea how good it would look but man is it worth every bit of work.

P.S. did some spray painting on some craft metal and screws in white...

Cutting-edge post soon!

Attachments

cy

Portables
So nice to finally see this come to fruitation! Internals look great for a first project. Nice work and so glad I was able to help!

Jpin

Hi @CalebPikmin this is such a great job man, its been helping me a lot with the wiring and all the electronics connections. I was wondering about your white screen buttons those were design by you or did you find them some where here on the forum?, I really like those and since i have to modify the louii case i would like to add those to it.

thanks a lot for sharing all the work process.

Hi @CalebPikmin this is such a great job man, its been helping me a lot with the wiring and all the electronics connections. I was wondering about your white screen buttons those were design by you or did you find them some where here on the forum?, I really like those and since i have to modify the louii case i would like to add those to it.

thanks a lot for sharing all the work process.
Hey thanks!

Here is a link to them.
Keep in mind I had to modify the case with this tool. Take it slow if you plan on doing the same.

Check out the finished product here:

I had a lot of great members on the forum make it possible. Been learning a lot and still am! Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck with your build and God bless ya!