Model G-Wii v2 (Wesk Remix)

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
@Gman 's G-Wii is a popular choice for beginners looking to make their first portable but the case can be a little difficult to print for people new to 3D printing or for those with cheaper printers due to the amount of supports required.

So I've remixed my own version of the G-Wii that requires far less supports as it can be printed directly on the print bed as well as featuring some aesthetic changes.
The bezel and joystick nubs are printed separately and glued to the main unit.

Included are the whole and split files for the front and back of the case. The rest of the 3d printed parts will need to be downloaded from Gmans original thread: G-Wii CAD files

IMG_20200809_145201.jpg

IMG_20200809_145106.jpg

Thanks again to Gman for the awesome original design and giving me the thumbs-up to post this for others to use.

Attachments

Last edited:
For some reason, when I slice the back part in PrusaSlicer, it fills in part of the fan vent. Any idea why that is or how I could fix it? It happens regardless of if I slice for PLA or PETG, the infill density, layer thickness, or any other settings I've thought to change.

BackSlice.PNG

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
For some reason, when I slice the back part in PrusaSlicer, it fills in part of the fan vent. Any idea why that is or how I could fix it? It happens regardless of if I slice for PLA or PETG, the infill density, layer thickness, or any other settings I've thought to change.

View attachment 15446
That is a little odd, I'd say just use the default back piece from Gmans thread.

My printer is a bit crap and won't accept the stl files because they are too big for the printer bed settings.

I'm looking at printing the case in the halved version. I can load these files in the slicer software.

Are there any tips for joining the halves after they have been printed?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
Great work @Wesk and @Gman!

I think the circular joystick gates look great but I came up with a design for an octagonal joystick gate that's more reminiscent of a Gamecube controller. I haven't tested it yet but the parts should fit the remixed top shell just fine since they're dimensionally accurate to the original parts. I'll be using these in my G-Wii v2 build, and I encourage others to do the same! :D

Fusion360_pNmAsUkhDE.png

EDIT: Just finished printing it and man it looks incredible! Attached below is an example printed in white Overture Matte PLA. :awesome:

Attachments

Last edited: