Worklog G-Wii: My First Electronics Project

Discussion in 'Wii' started by ToddyHD, Oct 25, 2018.

  1. GingerOfOz no wario Staff Member . .

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2016
    Messages:
    701
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    The Oregon Wildlands
    Portables:
    2
    You've cycled through all the inputs to be absolutely sure you're on the right one, right?
     
  2. ToddyHD .

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2017
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Australia
    Portables:
    0
    Oh I didn't know that. For some reason I cannot get my screen controls to work either. I've wired up menu and when I click it nothing comes up. I'm getting a voltage increase when I depress the button. I've wired up GND from the keyboard to the Wii, VCC from the keyboard to the screen driver board and KEY from keyboard to driver board but still no response or output on the screen. Is there anything else/checks I can do apart from basic continuity tests between pins?

    Here are pics:

    EDIT:
    So I managed to cycle through to the AV1 source - the other screen was obviously for VGA. I am still getting a blue screen - it goes black for like 1-2 seconds and then back to no signal.

    IMG_2963.JPG

    IMG_2966.JPG

    IMG_2965.JPG

    IMG_2967.JPG

    IMG_2968.JPG
     
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  3. ToddyHD .

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2017
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Australia
    Portables:
    0
    EDIT 14/1/2019

    I re-wired my internal batteries, wired up most of the GC+, JacksonS audio amp and my screen. I placed everything in the back half of the case as best as I could to conserve space. Here are more pictures of the current internals

    IMG_3214.JPG

    A couple of small updates here for the worklog! I've been working pretty hard on this lately as I want to get it done before I start my new job in 2 months time!

    As for my first Wii, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. The voltage regulators were outputting the correct voltages and there were no shorts to GND that I could find anywhere... I do remember putting 3.3v into my 1.15v line accidentally and switching the Wii on (maybe that's what accidentally killed my first board?)

    Anyway, I have a new board that is coming that has been tested and fully functional. I got pretty upset after wiring Bluetooth, U10 and getting it to work, followed by the board not booting up after trimming. I'm sure a lot of you know the feeling of putting in so much effort only to then be stumped with troubleshooting. Luckily wiis are cheap! Whoever would like a dead Wii please, let me know and I'll send it your way.

    Here are some more pics - I am starting to wire everything internally. I also fixed up my battery wiring so that it's not moms spaghetti inside. It's all starting to come together and I am super excited! Just have to live up to the Gman internals now. I really like the paint job - it turned out pretty well I think!

    Starting to look smexy. Love that the G-Wii looks OEM, you couldn't even tell that this was homemade. Gman did a great, no, an incredible job with the CAD work.
    ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
    IMG_3166.JPG

    Low battery indicator - working :D just need to run the console to find the correct voltage for it to come on - I am thinking around 6.2v for 18650 x2 in series.
    IMG_3091.JPG

    Once I get my Wii I'll wire that up and we are well on the way to having another G-Wii come to fruition :D
     
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    BocuD, GingerOfOz and fibbef like this.

Share This Page

Loading...