Model G-Wii CAD files

There hasn't been a lists of parts posted in here in a while... figured I would give it a shot. See what you guys think! I am also including the updated links to the new 4Layer shop and the other lists I have found in this thread and others.

Let me know if I missed anything! Still a noob myself and the most I have done myself is this... mind you... it was still a fun soldering kit project.

Also reference the Cool Parts Thread here.

Latest Post of STL Files from G-Man:
I've updated the GWii back to fit the new PMS-PD and RVL-PMS-2
View attachment 17169

Attachments

Last edited:
I've finally decided to officially start working on my G-Wii, and I have a question related to printing the case. Was I supposed to print two of the joystick holders? Are both GC joystick mounts identical?

Viilmo

Portables
There hasn't been a lists of parts posted in here in a while... figured I would give it a shot. See what you guys think! I am also including the updated links to the new 4Layer shop and the other lists I have found in this thread and others.

Let me know if I missed anything! Still a noob myself and the most I have done myself is this... mind you... it was still a fun soldering kit project.
The GWii charges over USB-C so why did you include this? Or is it necessary?

The GWii charges over USB-C so why did you include this? Or is it necessary?
Oops! I included the USB-C charger on the list but included the old one too haha. Nope should be good without it! Previous old post from G-Man:

Lithium Ion Smart charger from batteryspace https://www.batteryspace.com/smartc...polymerrechargeablebatterypack--ullisted.aspx

Hi All,
The first shoulder button had a very small "sweet spot" where the double-tact mod could be properly actuated. I fine tuned the shoulder button model and now the "sweet spot" is much larger and consistent. I only modified it by .25-.5mm in a few dimensions so this problem will depend on your printer's accuracy but I have attached the new version incase anyone has any difficulty with the old one.
Updated the list.

Last edited:
I've finally decided to officially start working on my G-Wii, and I have a question related to printing the case. Was I supposed to print two of the joystick holders? Are both GC joystick mounts identical?
I think so because you can use 2 wii nunchuck sticks so I think you can.

Viilmo

Portables
Is there enough place in the G-Wii to add video output and maybe even 2 gamecube ports?

Does anyone have links to some G-Wii assembly streams? I remember watching some months ago in preparation for building my own, but now I can't seem to find any

MP3

Portables
Does anyone have links to some G-Wii assembly streams? I remember watching some months ago in preparation for building my own, but now I can't seem to find any
They've been deleted. I believe they were taken down around when Noah left.

noogb

What are the dimensions of the G-Wii? Also what printing material would you recommend.

dababy

It’s a small heatsink and fan next to each other with a copper plate with thermal paste underneath from what I understand

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It’s a small heatsink and fan next to each other with a copper plate with thermal paste underneath from what I understand
I'm guessing the thermal paste is applied to the two chips that make contact with the copper plate then?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm guessing the thermal paste is applied to the two chips that make contact with the copper plate then?
Personally I use thermal epoxy to stick the plate to the heatsink and fan, then use some blue 3M reusable silicone thermal pads between the Wii and the plate. It's less messy and allows for easy positioning and servicing

Personally I use thermal epoxy to stick the plate to the heatsink and fan, then use some blue 3M reusable silicone thermal pads between the Wii and the plate. It's less messy and allows for easy positioning and servicing
Do you have a thermal epoxy to recommend?

Last edited: