Model G-Wii CAD files

But why don't people just sell portables? If there so hard to make then just sell them the parts and instructions on how to build it. You know, just like Lego's.

Noah

retired
Portables
But why don't people just sell portables? If there so hard to make then just sell them the parts and instructions on how to build it. You know, just like Lego's.
DIY kits are coming for certain models, but you will still need to be able to follow heavily technical instructions and do careful delicate work in order to assemble one. It’s not that building a portable is hard, it’s just that building one as your first major DIY electronics project is ill-advised because you need to learn a lot before you’ll be able to build one successfully.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Hi,

I edited the GWiirev2 to use original Wii USB port cut from the motherboard, on/off switch is a normal tactile, and uses same charging jack as GWii1. This does not use the USBC board. Only the GWii bottom is changed, uses the same files for the rest.
GwiiUSB2.png

Attachments

Portables
Thanks I keep having a problem when importing into fusion 360 it looks like a mesh?

This could be one of the best or the best portable, beside the GameCube memory card slots.

Portables
You’ll have to import the SolidWorks assembly. Gman provided both the assemblies for rev 1 and rev 2 of the G-Wii. You’ll be able to edit them the same as any old Fusion model once you do.
Thanks for the help

Kaos03

i'm sorry if this is a hassle for you but do you think you could list all of the parts and circuit boards needed for the g Wii please

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
i'm sorry if this is a hassle for you but do you think you could list all of the parts and circuit boards needed for the portable please
Check the very first post.

The boards needed are WiiPMS, USBC board, GC+, and UAMP