G-wii 16:9 build

Portables
After probably a 100 times of opening and closing it to solve issues, I finally present my g-wii build, it ain't the prettiest one but i am so happy it finally works without issues for over an hour of gameplay, so really happy :D

IMG_20200307_232540.jpg

The specs:
* Combination of g-wii revs, with wesk's edit to make a 16-9 screen fit, thanks for that!
* Pam8803 audio amp
* 5" inch car display, would not recommend
* Powermii lite
* Red charging board
* 4x 18650 batteries
* Nintendo switch replacement speakers they fit pretty well and the sound is pretty nice imo
* GameCube buttons from eBay for ABXY, start & dpad
* Left stick pulled from a nunchuck, feels amazing without the normal 8 way figure they are stuck in
* Right stick pulled from a knockoff GameCube controller, can't recommend probably gonna replace with nunchuck stick tho
* Gc+ board
* 35x35x6 mm fan and heatsink
* Internal USB because it's ugly on the outside

With that said I really want to thank all of you guys for helping me! I appreciate all the help I got on my worklog / discord, you guys have been a blessing and really helped me through this.
With that said tho @BocuD receives a special thanks for answering all my questions almost daily lol at some points lol

I really learned a lot in the past months, I had originally more plans I sadly coudnt get to because of the time limit I had, I did get a really good grade from it at school so far, so thanks! :D

My next portable I want to design from ground up with some extra's added to it hopefully, but that's for the next worklog! Also if possible destroy less electronics unlike this portable, I went through 4 displays and killed 2 by dropping them...

If you wanna see some crappy gameplay I posted some on insta @wudopecker and if you have any questions be sure to ask them!
IMG_20200307_232757.jpg

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Nice work! I like the nunchuck stick, looks quite comfortable to use actually.

Can we get some noods up in here?

I’d also like to hear Gingers thoughts on the gameplay footage.
@GingerOfOz

80B0BFE5-F3C3-4DA5-8E69-41675EC7E009.jpeg

Portables
Nice work! I like the nunchuck stick, looks quite comfortable to use actually.

Can we get some noods up in here?

I’d also like to hear Gingers thoughts on the gameplay footage.
@GingerOfOz

View attachment 10791
sure thing altho i am not to proud of it, it might also have some issues you can see in it, because this is the latest picture of the internals that i had. But that should be fixed already.

IMG_20200305_211533.jpg

and since you clearly want more gameplay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5nah0byp6io47d/VID_20200307_232830.mp4?dl=0

BocuD

Portables
sure thing altho i am not to proud of it, it might also have some issues you can see in it, because this is the latest picture of the internals that i had. But that should be fixed already.

View attachment 10792

and since you clearly want more gameplay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5nah0byp6io47d/VID_20200307_232830.mp4?dl=0
Lol it looks almost exactly like my first portable on the inside :P
Anyways it came out pretty damn good for a first one, thats where i'd say you did much better then i did at first.. Yours has batteries and stuff lol
Can't wait to see your next one!
edit: Just looked at some of the gameplay, and yeah its a shame you didn't get the vga screen working in the end.. Maybe change out the screen later?

Portables
Lol it looks almost exactly like my first portable on the inside :P
Anyways it came out pretty damn good for a first one, thats where i'd say you did much better then i did at first.. Yours has batteries and stuff lol
Can't wait to see your next one!
edit: Just looked at some of the gameplay, and yeah its a shame you didn't get the vga screen working in the end.. Maybe change out the screen later?
The only thing is that it took 5 wii's and 4 screens :sweatfroge: but I'm pretty happy with it :D

Using the g-wii made it much easier tho, for my next portable I really want to design it on my own, the only issue is getting a 3d printer, parents don't agree with me dropping so much on a prusa mk3 so can't decide if I want to get something like cr-20pro or ender 3 pro or something

The screen is pretty bad yes besides direct view, it kinda sucks, prolly gonna swap the top halve out when the 4:3 comes in

BocuD

Portables
The only thing is that it took 5 wii's and 4 screens :sweatfroge: but I'm pretty happy with it :D

Using the g-wii made it much easier tho, for my next portable I really want to design it on my own, the only issue is getting a 3d printer, parents don't agree with me dropping so much on a prusa mk3 so can't decide if I want to get something like cr-20pro or ender 3 pro or something

The screen is pretty bad yes besides direct view, it kinda sucks, prolly gonna swap the top halve out when the 4:3 comes in
Ah nice, wonder how that'll turn out :D
With the prusa all i can say is try convincing them and making it really clear that you actually want it. I wouldn't drop the money on a cheaper printer tbh, as you'll probably want to upgrade later anyways. Also i killed 6 wiis during my first project so i guess thats not bad. I mean i revived 4 of them later, but still, i don't see all of yours being completely dead either so could be worse (i speak from experience)

Portables
Ah nice, wonder how that'll turn out :D
With the prusa all i can say is try convincing them and making it really clear that you actually want it. I wouldn't drop the money on a cheaper printer tbh, as you'll probably want to upgrade later anyways. Also i killed 6 wiis during my first project so i guess thats not bad. I mean i revived 4 of them later, but still, i don't see all of yours being completely dead either so could be worse (i speak from experience)
yea im hoping the next trim will go flawless so the bocu meme doesnt become the dutch meme lol

it just sucks that my neighbor who owns the printing service told my parents an ender is fine and that i dont need a prusa so its hard convincing them, so will see how it goes. This weekend im gonna try to tear down my steam controller and see if i can use what i want from it / take a look back at old shorted wii's, we will see how it goes :D