Model G-Boy rev3 case files

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
To add to this, I've remixed my own versions of the files for optimized FDM printing.

Changes made:

The front has been modified so overhangs aren't as extreme, this allows for printing with no supports and contributes to clean overhangs even when printing at 0.3 layer heights.

Gboyfront.png

The back has been modified slightly to allow printing with the trigger guides included. The orientation in which it prints can lead to an overall cleaner appearance but will take longer to print.

IMG_20210821_182204.jpg

Also included are:
-Modified trigger buttons, which are larger than the original but I have found them to give a better feel overall (Print in resin, may require a little sanding to fit flush).
-Resin printable face buttons and dpad.
Buttons.png

Thanks for all your work Gunnar, the Gboy is an awesome piece of kit.

Attachments

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
The time has come.
E08187AA-BDC2-4659-9ACD-435707F927AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Woooo!!! Nice work guys!!! Beautiful work as always. It is really cool to see this public! Some good Christmas presents for people! :D

Hermit

Hey there, been a lurker for a bit, finally registered. Are the boards on 4Layers compatible with this case without modifications to the models? Or like @Dynamic_Hayden asked, is a BOM available? Been wanting to make a G-Boy but missed when the kits were for sale and I love the vertical form factor. I've been thinking about making an Ashida but when Gman posted these files I got my hopes up that I could finally build a G-Boy as I wanted all along. Thanks!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The 4layer boards are not designed for this. I think the best purpose of these files is if you already have a GBoy kit and want to upgrade your case. I am working on a new gboy version with the new boards so hang tight.

Oof, Gman & Wesk had blessed us with their 3D printing sorcery. You guys rock.

The 4layer boards are not designed for this. I think the best purpose of these files is if you already have a GBoy kit and want to upgrade your case. I am working on a new gboy version with the new boards so hang tight.
@Gman do you have a set time for the new gboy to be released?

HOLY SHIT WTF. OK LISTEN, OK, WOW, SORRY I'M SOCKED. Let me take a quick breath... so you're telling me... I was designing (quite badly) in Blender a model based on yours for OVER A YEAR WHILE YOU HAD THE STLS POSTED??? NHDFBGHJCDKLJBJRVS... welp, I feel dumb haha. thanks anyway, I'm going to try and improve my model using yours (I suck at 3d modeling so I had some issues), and post it in this repository (hopefully until this summer).

Last edited:

xsping

HOLY SHIT WTF. OK LISTEN, OK, WOW, SORRY I'M SOCKED. Let me take a quick breath... so you're telling me... I was designing (quite badly) in Blender a model based on yours for OVER A YEAR WHILE YOU HEAD THE STLS POSTED??? NHDFBGHJCDKLJBJRVS... welp, I feel dumb haha. thanks anyway, I'm going to try and improve my model using yours (I suck at 3d modeling so I had some issues), and post it in this repository (hopefully until this summer).
I also took almost 2 year to imitate gboy but all failed, like most of people i was happy to see the release, thanks gman! the only thing i expect now is solidworks file that can be edited, stl is not perfect to use.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables