Discussion G-Boy Rev III - DIY Portable Kit

It's a pity they stopped production but it's understandable...
However, would it be possible to put the *.stl files of the G-Boy online? It would be great if everyone could enjoy this wonder!

Portables
So is this thing just permanently down?
Yeah the gboy from the BB store is gone, there are plenty of things in the works. The newest one just release is the ashida it's bigger than the gboy but it's a full size GameCube controller unit. There's always a chance the gboy might come back through other means, the chip shortage makes things difficult for the time being.

Ashida Wii portable

Anyone have a step by step for wiring the GBOY? I have the guide but a video step by step works so much better for me.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
not exactly what I was looking for but thank you for the reminder.
Obi.gif

What more could you be looking for?, the Gboy assembly guide is one of the most in-depth guides we have on the site.
Ginger has made a video but you'll have a much easier time following the guide.

lol sorry let me try to explain a little better without sounding like a total donut. ( New to Mods )
I'm reading up on the complete guide right now and I'm understanding it much better but for me it helps to have a video for each step to see the step in action. Like for example, the mx chip relocation has 25 connected to 17 with 3.3v for positive connection and pins 4 and 16 are connected to negative connection. Then you have to solder the 3.3V and GND between the MX chip and the Wii motherboard "as shown." I understand the concept but watching it done helps me gauge the act like pressure, speed of feeding the solder, ect. I've found some some videos helpful for soldering and proper technique. I even know how to weld, but I had to see my professor show me and then give me the welding gun to do as he did.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
When they are back in stock please let me know.
The kit is no more, check out the other posts in this thread. Closest thing you can do is get Dustin's custom boards and case files from his thread.

The kit is no more, check out the other posts in this thread. Closest thing you can do is get Dustin's custom boards and case files from his thread.
Thank you so much for replying to me. I'm very new to this so it was going to be a perfect project for me. What happened? Was it a Nintendo issue?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thank you so much for replying to me. I'm very new to this so it was going to be a perfect project for me. What happened? Was it a Nintendo issue?
Parts availability + internal restructure + the BitBuilt store became 4layertech.com