Discussion G-Boy Rev III - DIY Portable Kit

Screenshot_1.pngI don't know if this is just me, but why does it say Pre-Order if it's apparently already out?

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
View attachment 14332I don't know if this is just me, but why does it say Pre-Order if it's apparently already out?
That simply means there currently is no stock of units ready to get shipped, unlike the rest of the store items which ship almost immediately after you purchase them.
Since the kit is pre-order, when you buy it you're being added to the list of people in line who are receiving them as parts arrive/the kits are assembled. You can see more about that on this store page: https://store.bitbuilt.net/g-boy-shipping-information/

That simply means there currently is no stock of units ready to get shipped, unlike the rest of the store items which ship almost immediately after you purchase them.
Since the kit is pre-order, when you buy it you're being added to the list of people in line who are receiving them as parts arrive/the kits are assembled. You can see more about that on this store page: https://store.bitbuilt.net/g-boy-shipping-information/
Ah, so that's why. Thank you for the explanation! I'm very new to the modding scene, so I don't understand a lot of stuff. I really hope to learn a lot though!

Users such as @cheese offer a trimming service where you can pay and he’ll trim a board as well as pre-wire some stuff for you. However having a trimmed board doesn’t help if you don’t have the soldering experience to use it, so just keep that in mind!
Is anyone still offering wii motherboard trimming services?

Is there any USPS tracking of kits parts news?Do you need to test after receiving the kit parts

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Is there any USPS tracking of kits parts news?Do you need to test after receiving the kit parts
The current status is that I've already received the pcbs and processed them. Whats holding us back is a package containing a lot of the packaging materials like labeled bags, discord invite cards, sleeves, and some cases of the new colors. It appears that the USPS sorting centers in Michigan are incredibly slowed down this month. Until we have the package starts moving again I cannot guarantee when the gboys will ship.

WillF

Hey guys,
I know to use this as a Wii for the most part, you have to reinstall the bluetooth modchip but I also know the controls are some Gamecube Controller interfaced setup.

Is there a way I can use the regular controls to play games like New Super Mario Bros Wii, or Mario Galaxy without having to connect a WiiMote?

Hey guys,
I know to use this as a Wii for the most part, you have to reinstall the bluetooth modchip but I also know the controls are some Gamecube Controller interfaced setup.

Is there a way I can use the regular controls to play games like New Super Mario Bros Wii, or Mario Galaxy without having to connect a WiiMote?
Yeah its integrated into BBLoader, you can essentially emulate a wii remote, I think

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey guys,

Incorrect, the bluetooth module itself does not need to be relocated unless you want to connect and use a physical Wiimote with your portable. BBLoader allows you to emulate most Wiimote functions via Gamecube controller bindings, but these currently need to be set up for each Wii game individually and not all advanced motion controls are yet supported.

The current status is that I've already received the pcbs and processed them. Whats holding us back is a package containing a lot of the packaging materials like labeled bags, discord invite cards, sleeves, and some cases of the new colors. It appears that the USPS sorting centers in Michigan are incredibly slowed down this month. Until we have the package starts moving again I cannot guarantee when the gboys will ship.
Does the package move?the shipping information is still show “Shipping Range Estimate is MID DECEMBER 2020”

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Does the package move?the shipping information is still show “Shipping Range Estimate is MID DECEMBER 2020”
No we didn't get all the materials in time to ship for the holidays. Still haven't gotten the materials and cannot update until we do.

I know its been a while, but is there estimate for when these will be back in stock? I do understand this is some tough stuff to keep moving.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I know its been a while, but is there estimate for when these will be back in stock? I do understand this is some tough stuff to keep moving.
Hi, unfortunately there is not an estimate if/when they will be back in stock. Perhaps there will be more clear answers in the coming weeks.

I noticed that the page has been down in the store, and I'm scared to ask, but is there hope of them coming back? even long term?

Avery

I noticed that the page has been down in the store, and I'm scared to ask, but is there hope of them coming back? even long term?
probably not, they are shutting down the store and gman/aurelio left the bitbuilt store team or whatever it's called so it prob won't be for a while

Can anyone here help me get a replacement RVL power board for my GBOY kit? I've tried contacting the store, but no help. Was putting the kit together and when testing the VGA output on the screen it wasn't coming up, just regular mode, then moving some stuff around think I may have shorted it. Looking for a new RVL board, or if there are fuses / locations on it to get replacements. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: