G-boy rev 3 vga problem?

1NK

I was wiring VGA on the Wii board to the LCD driver board, and after doing the wiring, I pressed the source button only to see a black screen. I press source again then the video comes back. Is this supposed to happen?
20120110_123900.jpg

20120110_123602.jpg

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Did you connect the mode pin to 3.3v?

1NK

Ok, I think it's working now. When I press source on the controller board, the auto option as well as rgb level controls are available now.

1NK

Ok, another problem. I am wiring audio right now, and was going to test if it worked, but I need to put my games onto the drive so I have something I can play that has audio. The game I have on the drive right now is super smash bros virtual console, but when I load it up it just stays on the launching screen and never launches. Where on the drive do I put my Wii and GameCube games? I think If virtual console isn't working right now then I can test with a Wii or GameCube game instead.
gboy where to put games.png

1NK

I've tried putting my games in multiple different places but I can't get BBLoader to recognize them where they come up on the wii games or gc games screen.

Portables
Ok, another problem. I am wiring audio right now, and was going to test if it worked, but I need to put my games onto the drive so I have something I can play that has audio. The game I have on the drive right now is super smash bros virtual console, but when I load it up it just stays on the launching screen and never launches. Where on the drive do I put my Wii and GameCube games? I think If virtual console isn't working right now then I can test with a Wii or GameCube game instead.
View attachment 22401

1NK

I can't seem to get GameCube games to work.
gamecube iso q.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I can't seem to get GameCube games to work.
View attachment 22403
Gamecube iso files must be named "game.iso" in order for it to work. You can name the containing folder whatever you like, but the iso file must be game.iso

1NK

gamecube iso q2.png

It still does not appear on the gc games screen on BBLoader.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Remove the comma from the folder name, and take the .iso out of the file name. I just realised you have file extensions hidden, so it's actually named "game.iso.iso" currently

1NK

Ok, I can load GameCube games now, but while trying to adjust my screen position with the controller board, my hposition refuses to go down.
20120110_173836[1].jpg

1NK

It also seems like everything is tinted green now for some reason, no matter what I do to adjust color settings.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Have you verified that all of your VGA lines are all good? Nothing shorted together or missing continuity between the Wii and screen?

1NK

Ok, apparently the blue signal wire had snapped. I soldered it back and now the video is normal again. I have another question regarding the audio circuitry now that I have games to test sound with on my G-boy now. I'm not getting any audio out of the speakers or the headphone jack.
20120110_182203[1].jpg

My solder points; from motherboard to audio amp

SD - SDA
SC - SCL
W - WS
D - D
M - MC
C - C
S - S

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
Before going crazy with the wiring, just double check that the speakers are in the way! If that's not the issue, go ahead and double check each one of those wires. That's the correct mapping, it could just be a bad solder joint.

1NK

I got some pops/crackles and glitchy audio that wasn't recognizable in the slightest from the speakers, still no audio on the headphone jack. The audio that was coming out of the speakers went on and off, It wasn't constant crackling. I checked and the speakers and they seem to be making contact with the board.

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
Definitely sounds like a cold solder joint somewhere. Double check your connections, maybe reflow them with some extra flux.