G-Boy PCB Files?

Hi is there any way to build PCBs buy ourselves? Everywhere I looking for it's say buy it and cost is lot, so if anyone have diagram of all pcb let me know
Where can I find pcb diagram files or how can I build all PCBs by myself

This page is too high price for me
I want build all PCBs if someone have info let me know
Thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi is there any way to build PCBs buy ourselves? Everywhere I looking for it's say buy it and cost is lot, so if anyone have diagram of all pcb let me know
Where can I find pcb diagram files or how can I build all PCBs by myself

This page is too high price for me
I want build all PCBs if someone have info let me know
Thanks
Have to buy them I'm afraid. While the footprints and some example schematics are available for download, you can't just "make" your own of most of them. The GC+ 2.0 has a github where all files can be downloaded, including the Eagle files to order PCBs from whatever company is most convenient, but that's the only one you can "make" yourself unless you plan to reverse engineer everything.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Sorry for the radio silence! I have been working on making the pcb files from scratch and making sure that they work before I released I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I did need to modify the STL files that G-man provided as well to adjust mounting holes and I, unfortunately, needed to thicken it by 2mm to allow the audio board to clear the batteries but overall it doesn't change much beyond this. One other thing I did was adjust the lcd retainer to have mounting holes for the stock g-boy screen as well as the 480p screen (JT035IPS02-V0). I also have my BOM and links to everything I bought to help anyone who wants to make one. I will put the STL files here and the source files for fusion 360. I will also provide the files for the PCBs and their source files as well in case anyone needs to modify them. I made these pcbs in easyeda. Hope this helps!

BOM:
I've resin printed the buttons included in your zip (they look to be exactly the same as Gunnar's originals), but they do not seem to fit in the shell. Comparing the back half to Gunnar's, it looks like you added an extra lip that it's catching on. Was this on purpose? And do you have a particular way you are able to make the shoulder buttons fit?

1677028135437.png
1677028164975.png

Portables
I've resin printed the buttons included in your zip (they look to be exactly the same as Gunnar's originals), but they do not seem to fit in the shell. Comparing the back half to Gunnar's, it looks like you added an extra lip that it's catching on. Was this on purpose? And do you have a particular way you are able to make the shoulder buttons fit?

View attachment 26267View attachment 26268
Hey I noticed the same lip on my prints and I just sanded them down it seems to be working, But buttons are real sensitive I barely touch them and it double presses.

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
I ended up having to sand down this lip, and then I sanded some parts of the buttons as well. Can't quite seem to get it perfect, but I'm getting decent actuation.

nylon1.jpg
nylon2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Portables
I also sanded down the buttons a bit but no luck good thing I bought 3 pairs. Btw nice print I might order me a different one since I’m having problems with the resin ones I got. Is that the sls nylon ?

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
I forget if it's SLS or MJF, whichever was cheaper lol. I'm very happy with the feel of it.

Thanks!!! i needed the files so i could make a gboy. is this all of them?

Hi guys,

I've adapted Dustin's shell for use with the screen lens that I used in the model I made for @supertazon . I've also included a fix for the shoulder area issues that have been reported. This was all done in TinkerCad so I'm sorry if there's any errors, although I haven't found any myself.

I have also created a new version of the G-Boy shell that I have designed with DMG stylings based on Dustin's remix - this includes a power switch, volume wheel, and navigation switch for the screen, as well as labels including "P H O N E S". I've nicknamed it the DMGBoy and it's the base file for my upcoming G-Boy project with a few extra bells and whistles!

DMGBoy HDMI 1.jpg DMGBoy HDMI 2.jpg

The screen lens really adds to the overall aesthetic - I hope the iterations I've made give people more options for how they go about their project! I've included a new retainer bracket for the 480p IPS that requires hot gluing the driver board to the screen: it makes the screen area low-profile for extra clearance.

A big thank you to @Dustin Fisher for the work you've done making the G-Boy more accessible!! And to everyone else who's made the G-Boy possible.

Attachments

First of all thank you for this spread sheet! This makes this goal for me way more clear to hit! I will not lie though, Im a little confused with some stuff. When you say in the spread sheet the following, what do you mean? Are these the custom pcb boards you were referring to that I need to order or what do I have to do? Im confused for lack of a better term lol.

Thanks,
shoulder pcb-needs to be made from scratch
controller pcb- GC+ bought. needs custom pcb
power led pcb - have schematic and board files
amplifier board pcb - UAMP bought. needs custom pcb

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
First of all thank you for this spread sheet! This makes this goal for me way more clear to hit! I will not lie though, Im a little confused with some stuff. When you say in the spread sheet the following, what do you mean? Are these the custom pcb boards you were referring to that I need to order or what do I have to do? Im confused for lack of a better term lol.

Thanks,
shoulder pcb-needs to be made from scratch
controller pcb- GC+ bought. needs custom pcb
power led pcb - have schematic and board files
amplifier board pcb - UAMP bought. needs custom pcb

The zip in this post contains PCB gerber files that you have to submit to a fab house like PCBWay or JLCPCB. They will manufacture the PCBs and ship them to you. These custom PCBs are only vessels though, and are designed to hold the modular 4layertech boards that do the actual work. You'll need a RVL-PMS-2 or RVL-PMS Lite, a USB-PD-2, a GC+ 2, and either a U-AMP or a RVL-AMP.

Portables
Hi guys,

I've adapted Dustin's shell for use with the screen lens that I used in the model I made for @supertazon . I've also included a fix for the shoulder area issues that have been reported. This was all done in TinkerCad so I'm sorry if there's any errors, although I haven't found any myself.

I have also created a new version of the G-Boy shell that I have designed with DMG stylings based on Dustin's remix - this includes a power switch, volume wheel, and navigation switch for the screen, as well as labels including "P H O N E S". I've nicknamed it the DMGBoy and it's the base file for my upcoming G-Boy project with a few extra bells and whistles!

View attachment 27170 View attachment 27169

The screen lens really adds to the overall aesthetic - I hope the iterations I've made give people more options for how they go about their project! I've included a new retainer bracket for the 480p IPS that requires hot gluing the driver board to the screen: it makes the screen area low-profile for extra clearance.

A big thank you to @Dustin Fisher for the work you've done making the G-Boy more accessible!! And to everyone else who's made the G-Boy possible.
holy crap this thread really exploded a bit. I kinda just left it here after I finished my version but I'm so glad that so many people are using this! your G-boy looks absolutely stunning. I gotta know, where did you get the case manufactured? It looks absolutely flawless and I really want to upgrade my version now to your design. I will also go through my original BOM and update a few things to make it more clear for new people such as removing unnecessary text and such that was used as notes for myself that no longer apply. I will also add a link to my fusion file in the original post so people can more easily modify it.

Also, apologies for the double lip thing, that was an issue that came from trying to bring together the shoulder parts and the main body in fusion and not lining them up properly before combing them and it got past me. I just sanded mine down but yeah, they are super sensitive.

holy crap this thread really exploded a bit. I kinda just left it here after I finished my version but I'm so glad that so many people are using this! your G-boy looks absolutely stunning. I gotta know, where did you get the case manufactured? It looks absolutely flawless and I really want to upgrade my version now to your design. I will also go through my original BOM and update a few things to make it more clear for new people such as removing unnecessary text and such that was used as notes for myself that no longer apply. I will also add a link to my fusion file in the original post so people can more easily modify it.

Also, apologies for the double lip thing, that was an issue that came from trying to bring together the shoulder parts and the main body in fusion and not lining them up properly before combing them and it got past me. I just sanded mine down but yeah, they are super sensitive.
I got it manufactured by PCBWay in transparent dyed resin! It makes it a lot more brittle but I'm really pleased with it

Portables
Thank you for your hard work and files without them I wouldn’t of have built my gboy.
98F3EEA2-8367-4A4C-89DB-5902CBAD006D.jpeg
also I bought 10 of these sets I have 1 left if anyone is interested just pay for shipping and I’ll send you one, US ONLY​
4095888B-6FE4-40AE-A090-2A30284B9C91.jpeg

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
crazyNylon.jpg

I built one of these a little over a month ago, here are a couple pointers for anyone looking to build one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Since this project has become so popular, and is currently the sole method of building G-Boys, I'm coining @Dustin Fisher 's revision project:

The G-Boy Rev4U (the U stands for unofficial ;D)

*Disclaimer: I am not on the G-Boy team, and cannot actually make the name official, BUT considering how reliable and accessible the project has been, and the handful of QOL changes made, I felt it should have some designator to separate it from the old Rev3 kits.