G-Boy PCB Files?

Hi guys,

I've adapted Dustin's shell for use with the screen lens that I used in the model I made for @supertazon . I've also included a fix for the shoulder area issues that have been reported. This was all done in TinkerCad so I'm sorry if there's any errors, although I haven't found any myself.

I have also created a new version of the G-Boy shell that I have designed with DMG stylings based on Dustin's remix - this includes a power switch, volume wheel, and navigation switch for the screen, as well as labels including "P H O N E S". I've nicknamed it the DMGBoy and it's the base file for my upcoming G-Boy project with a few extra bells and whistles!

View attachment 27170 View attachment 27169

The screen lens really adds to the overall aesthetic - I hope the iterations I've made give people more options for how they go about their project! I've included a new retainer bracket for the 480p IPS that requires hot gluing the driver board to the screen: it makes the screen area low-profile for extra clearance.

A big thank you to @Dustin Fisher for the work you've done making the G-Boy more accessible!! And to everyone else who's made the G-Boy possible.

been going through a build of this remix, just posting this here for US based builders, these switches appear to be the ones needed, they appear to be identical to the ones in the bom.

Volume wheel

Power toggle

Screen wheel

Any chance you could upload that other front model you made with the BT pairing button?

Rogery

So I’m confused, guys. Are the pcb files here made to make the g-boy by yourself or is it for some kind of complement for it. Some are saying that you have to buy the whole thing anyways.

So I’m confused, guys. Are the pcb files here made to make the g-boy by yourself or is it for some kind of support. Some are saying that you have to buy the whole thing anyways.
The files linked above are so you can diy your own gboy using the same boards that 4layer sells on their site for the ashida (pms, pms pd, gc+, rvl-amp). There are more parts that you have to source yourself, so it’s not really a one and done kit like the gboy used to be.

Rogery

Another question, sorry if I’m annoying. I don’t know anything about electrical engineering and I’m very new at this. How do I identify the components of the PCBs (such as the tiny black chips) and how and where do I buy them to solder them later? Or does it come with the PCB design and the manufacturer gets it soldered?

for the 4layer boards theyre all completed already, you just need to solder the 4layer boards to the gboy boards.

few other things you need, a screen, some tact switches, the 3d printed shell, and of course all the normal stuff like a wii, wire, etc. someone has a decent list above.

Rogery

So I do need to buy them. Well, that’s all I was wondering. Thank you so much.

I thought the files were enough PCBs for making it. I really can’t afford the RVL-PMS right now. Thanks again, mate.