FS: 6x GCVideo Analog boards

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond

Did a small run of GCVideo analog boards, and have 6 left over. All programmed, tested and confirmed working! There's a little bit of extra solder on the JTAG pins, will happily remove it if it's a problem.

Asking $50 + shipping. US shipping will only be like $3.

BITBUILT EXCLUSIVE OFFER: If desired, I can program your board with secret(for now) custom Wii firmware developed by TEAM PIIZZA(SS and Aurelio) and provide a connection guide(also secret.) It's the only way to get proper RGB/VGA out of a Wii, and is confirmed working with at least one VGA eBay screen.

Last edited:
Portables
3/4
Same here, I'm down for a Wii version if ya still got 'em. :)

Luke

Portables
I'll take one, wii version.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
1 left!

If there's more interest in the future, we may do a few more runs.

Luke

Portables
1 left!

If there's more interest in the future, we may do a few more runs.
Just curious, who's "we"? And why aren't they in more official production yet?

Noah

retired
Portables
Just curious, who's "we"?
ShockSlayer and I did this run.

GCVideo is open-source but most people can't be asked to buy boards and all of the components and solder them on themselves. Mega's GCVideo is a board re-deisgn and a few other things to make it as seamless as possible to install in a GameCube.

Anyone can buy the boards and components themselves and buy a programmer to flash the firmware on but if you're only going to use one it's usually cheaper and easier to buy it from someone else.

We'd be doing runs of these mainly for Wii portables since AFAIK analog Wii firmware is a BitBuilt exclusive at the moment.

And why aren't they in more official production yet?
No one (except Mega) is going to produce GCVideo all the time because it's DIY install, hence the reason Mega is doing installs himself or offering kits. With the exception of our little community here at BitBuilt and the wonderful people over at GC-Forever, there's not much of a demand for GCVideo Lite boards because no one knows what they are or how to install them. The main reason we'd get a use of them here is because it allows us to use VGA on most consoles (Wii and GC for example) so we can hopefully move away from composite video in portables as a whole.

We could put them on the store and always have them stocked but there's not much of a demand for them so it's better to do them in small runs and sell of the extras (we had more than 6 obviously but more than half went to our own personal projects :P) that way everyone gets a chance to get the boards if they so desire and we don't have to have $50 products collecting dust :P

Best part about it is the GCVideo works across multiple consoles so it can be targeted at many audiences.

Last edited:

Luke

Portables
Cool, thanks for the info.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Yeah, I also had to learn/practice drag soldering so that I could solder the FPGA and DAC. It wasn't too bad because I've learned a shitton from watching mega's streams, and now that I've done it a few times I'm more confident about it for the next run(if we need to.)

Once BadAss Consoles gets all his shit sorted, you'll (probably) be able to buy pre-programmed Wii-compatible GCVideo digital/analog PCBs for use in portables. The board is the same price as these and a lot smaller and way better designed than these are, and as such will be better suited for portables. Plus it's better to support his business because he's done a lot of shit for portablizing with Swiss, Megadrives, even stuff in the Wii trimming guide and PortablizeMii.

Until then, I'm gonna leave this thread open. If there are at least 6 more people interested in getting one of these, we can do another run.

Portables
3/4
I've been meaning to make this offer but keep forgetting with all that's been going on. From talking to ShockSlayer the 10k resistors needed for install are pretty common but I just purchased like 100 of them off eBay. So if anyone that picked up a GCVideo in this batch, (above this post) from SS and are in need of some resistors I can mail some to ya for free.

Just an offer since I have a ton and want to help anyone that may be in need. Just PM me and let me know. :)

Thanks again to everyone here and especially you @ShockSlayer , you da man!! :)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Slight necrobump, but put me down as very interested if you ever decide to do a few more of these boards.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I hope it's a sexy quality vga solution for Wii ;)