Free trimmed wii

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Here I have a trimmed Wii that was salvaged from an old prototype I did a few months ago. The prototype was crappy and the heatsink was epoxied onto the wii. When salvaging the wii, I think I accidentally scratched some traces when removing the epoxy. When I went to put it in a better Wii portable, the Wii booted fine but the GC+ was acting all screwy. I thought, the GC+ is amazing, this Wii sucks. I put a fresh Wii in and the controller was fine. Never figured out what was wrong with it. Anyone who wants to take a stab at it, be my guest. Free shipping inside the US.

20161206_000408_zpslxwdmjm4.JPG
20161206_000415_zpsv87uyegl.JPG

Last edited:

JacksonS

Portables
I'm kind of severely short on Wiis. I'd like to take it.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
You probably just removed/cut the traces off of the pull-up resistors on the controller data line :D

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Some more items I am trying to clear from my parts bin.

Two Wiis from the pre-portablizemii days. The untrimmed one won't turn on with custom regs and I can't just trim it to omgwtf because the wifi is not disabled yet(IIRC). The trimmed Wii has 6ohms to ground on the 1.15v line and no matter how much I sand it down, it won't improve. Haven't tried turning that on yet. Not sure if it has PM installed on it or not but I'm pretty sure it has the nowifiwads installed. These are free if anyone wants to take a stab at them.

This Wii I was able to recover and install PM on it after quite a bit of effort actually. It is not complete but it is functional. Comes with what you see, no regs included. Asking $10 + shipping on this one.

Proof of functionality:

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I would love to take the free trimmed wii with the ground issue if you've still got it.