Not open for further replies.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Not a case idea persay, but I'd like some sort of 3d printed back on my case that has a nondescript kickstand (in the design of Waluigi's mustache, of course). If you have any ideas on how to implement one, that would be cool to see! I have the rest of my case pretty much nailed down though, so the kickstand is the one idea that is eluding me.

Not a case idea persay, but I'd like some sort of 3d printed back on my case that has a nondescript kickstand (in the design of Waluigi's mustache, of course). If you have any ideas on how to implement one, that would be cool to see! I have the rest of my case pretty much nailed down though, so the kickstand is the one idea that is eluding me.
Sure! Just a functional mockup? Or would you like it to fit your current design dimensions?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
I mean, if you want dimensions I'd be more than happy to provide them! I'll give you a more descriptive PM once I'm by my computer with my CAD tonight.

can you help me make a case? I was thinking something like a bigger ds. Im not very good at 3d modeling and i'm new at this

Shank

Staff member
Portables
can you help me make a case? I was thinking something like a bigger ds. Im not very good at 3d modeling and i'm new at this
Clamshells are a pain. I would strongly advise not making a clamshell for your first portable.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
This is also a pretty old thread, and I know that Grebbles got hit with IRL stuff and wasn't able to make time to help like he had hoped.

I'd reccomend looking into learning CAD yourself. I know several people here have gone from no CAD experience to beautiful designs in no time at all with Fusion 360, so you may want to check it out. @jefflongo reccomended this tutorial to get people started with Fusion, so you may want to check that out. Case designs for our applications can generally be done with a fairly rudimentary understanding of the software. You could also open up a thread here and ask if you have more questions about 3D design.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread to avoid this post being bumped in the future. @Fruity_Grebbles if you ever need it reopened, just say the word.

EDIT: HE SAID THE WORD

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping this if I wasn't supposed to ( I'm prone to doing that :( ) but if you're still willing to make cases, I have a pretty minimalist idea for a case. Uhh...would you be willing to work from an old-school draft? I'm terrible at 3D modeling.

Sorry for bumping this if I wasn't supposed to ( I'm prone to doing that :( ) but if you're still willing to make cases, I have a pretty minimalist idea for a case. Uhh...would you be willing to work from an old-school draft? I'm terrible at 3D modeling.
If it's properly dimensioned, that would be fantastic. I'm a bit swamped with work, school, and some various other projects ATM, but you're welcome to PM me a copy of your draft and I'll do what I can when I can.

Okey doke. I'll go over it in radial pen after work tomorrow so that the picture is more scan-friendly.

I appreciate your kindness!

Status
Not open for further replies.