Question For someone new to modding, what portable should I build and what are the pros and cons to all of them

Portables
No portables
The ones I liked were the louii twoii, the g boy, and the ashida. I like all of them more bit I also might consider doing a g wii as I’ve heard it’s relatively simple.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The Ashida is probably the easiest to build, seeing as you can just buy the custom PCBs from 4layertech. G-Wii is second easiest, but doesn't lose by too much. Really comes down to which design you like the most

Portables
No portables
Is there anything specific that makes the g boy a more difficult build?

Probably just the fact you cant buy them anymore, you would need to make your own PCBs as I'm pretty certain they weren't made public.

Portables
No portables
You can still make one, the case cad filed are open source and all the pcbs are on 4layer’s website

Those are Rev2 Boards, the G-Boy uses/used proprietary versions of the V1 Boards. You'd have to redesign the internals of the case to fit the new Boards and still design some for the triggers as those weren't sold in any way or form apart from the G-Boy.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Oh you said G-Boy......... my brain autocorrected to G-Wii....... Yeah making a G-Boy from the CAD files alone would be an undertaking, you'd have to design all new custom PCBs in order to use the new 4layertech boards with it.

Portables
No portables
It’s whatever at this point. Once I’ve honed my skills at electronics I’ll try my hand at a g boy but as for right now my brain barely has a grasp on the Ashida I’m putting together