Gameboy Cartridge, interested ?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Cheaper price and i can burn a custom 32kb game for someone who doesn't have a programmer and all that stuff.
Price is now 10€.
You still didn't answer me. Reducing the price is not enough. Before starting to sell a product you should actually have it with you, run some tests on it and make sure that the price you set is actually proper for the cost (parts + manufacturing time) of that. Also, even for 10€, what's the point in getting this?

Jonas

You still didn't answer me. Reducing the price is not enough. Before starting to sell a product you should actually have it with you, run some tests on it and make sure that the price you set is actually proper for the cost (parts + manufacturing time) of that. Also, even for 10€, what's the point in getting this?
Well, it's a fun game !
I won't repeat what i've said earlier.
Look, this is a selling thread and if you aren't interested then pass your way, i don't know if you are trying to help me or just searching something to say to ruin this topic.
Would you like me to say similar things you've said in your topic if you ever created a similar project ? I think no. If you are helping me then thanks but please Pm me if you you would like to talk with me.
I've just lost a ton of credibility and trust from people.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Well, it's a fun game !
Look, this is a selling thread and if you aren't interested then pass your way, i don't know if you are trying to help me or just searching something to say to ruin this topic.
Would you like me to say similar things you've said in your topic if you ever created a similar project ? I think no. If you are helping me then thanks but please Pm me if you you would like to talk with me.
I’m an admin over here, and as such, I have to make sure that the community gets the best quality products and for the right price. So no, I won’t “pass my way”. Moreover, I would not mind criticism on my projects, it’s part of being in a community.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Well, it's a fun game !
Aurelio is trying to help you. He has made great products that both fill a demand and are a better/cheaper solution than alternatives. He isn't competing with you, and has no reason to try and ruin your topic. In fact, the points he has made here are very relevant and can easily help you better your product. There's nothing wrong with taking advice, especially since you're still in the development stage. These are the same questions you will face when ready to sell them. Now is the time to decide what you want your product to do, and evaluate how it compares to other products, both in price and capability. What makes your product better? There needs to be a selling point if you expect to have demand :)

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
As a suggestion, do something that other carts don't do, such as having dual ROM and dual scam, with a physical switch to change which is used, if you added an RTC to this you could sell a cart that would be able to play both Red and Blue on one cart, or Gold and Silver, or Tetris and Qix.

Honestly make a product that stands apart from the rest, and then you'll have the room to make money and such.

Also make sure it's a completed product, or at least in a physical beta version before attempting to sell it

As a suggestion, do something that other carts don't do, such as having dual ROM and dual scam, with a physical switch to change which is used, if you added an RTC to this you could sell a cart that would be able to play both Red and Blue on one cart, or Gold and Silver, or Tetris and Qix.

Honestly make a product that stands apart from the rest, and then you'll have the room to make money and such.

Also make sure it's a completed product, or at least in a physical beta version before attempting to sell it
Adding to this. I would maybe change this to a development/worklog thread where you talk about your process and get advice/criticism. That way you can have assistance if you need it and it will come off more as a ‘I’m building something cool come check it out!’ Rather than ‘I’m selling something, but it’s not done yet.’ This would help you gauge interest better as well because people who are interested in your product will follow the development and ask you if you plan to sell it, etc.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.