Question Fix noise for Wii portable

Is it with an unstable power system? How can I fix it? Thanks in advance (I use google translate)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
We'd need to see a photo of the internals to provide specific advice, but to me it sounds like the amp you're using has some problems.

We'd need to see a photo of the internals to provide specific advice, but to me it sounds like the amp you're using has some problems.
The noise will come from the motherboard. I tried taking the audio signal from the motherboard directly to the headphones without amplifying it. But there is still noise coming out.(A little bit inside not finished yet So I haven't kept the wires.)
IMG_20210627_173830.jpg
IMG_20210627_173853.jpg
IMG_20210627_173911.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You could try removing the pre-amp on the Wii

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yes, that one. Sometimes having the pre-amp still on the board can cause trouble, so removing it would be my personal step 1

I've tried removing the preamp IC. But still have the same noise. If it's not the power system, it's probably the motherboard. I will try to fix the power system again when I have time.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Any noise that's picked up by the audio lines between Wii and the audio amp will also be amplified. I would advise shielding these wires. It will help reduce airborne interference.

What regulators are you using? Noisy regs could also be the culprit.

Any noise that's picked up by the audio lines between Wii and the audio amp will also be amplified. I would advise shielding these wires. It will help reduce airborne interference.

What regulators are you using? Noisy regs could also be the culprit.
thank you this is my regulators I only have this in my country I will try to replace in case the old one may be damaged
wii rec2.jpg

Senor Avocado

2022 2nd Place Winner
I used those regulators in my portable and I have fine audio. I agree with shank that it is probably the long unshielded wires that are probably introducing all the noise. Also what wattage are you speakers? I think that audio amp board outputs about 3 watts per speaker, and if your speakers aren't rated for that you can get some nasty noise

I used those regulators in my portable and I have fine audio. I agree with shank that it is probably the long unshielded wires that are probably introducing all the noise. Also what wattage are you speakers? I think that audio amp board outputs about 3 watts per speaker, and if your speakers aren't rated for that you can get some nasty noise
Thank you. I put the NDS speakers in. I don't know how many watts. I think the noise is probably coming from the motherboard.I tried taking the audio signal from the motherboard directly to the headphones without amplifying it. But there is still noise coming out.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thank you. I put the NDS speakers in. I don't know how many watts. I think the noise is probably coming from the motherboard.I tried taking the audio signal from the motherboard directly to the headphones without amplifying it. But there is still noise coming out.
NDS speakers are either 0.25w or 0.5w, can't remember which, and the generic replacement units are sometimes trash. I tried using them for my first portable and they failed miserably. You'll probably want to replace them with some 1w or 2w speakers with 8ohm impedance.

NDS speakers are either 0.25w or 0.5w, can't remember which, and the generic replacement units are sometimes trash. I tried using them for my first portable and they failed miserably. You'll probably want to replace them with some 1w or 2w speakers with 8ohm impedance.
Thanks, I'll have to find a new speaker as you suggest.