Question First Wii Portable

This is what I have so far. So I was wondering how can you tell what is the voltage on your screen/monitor? Another question how do I hook up the screen?

Attachments

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Check what the chip is on the bottom left of the driver board for the screen. That looks like one I have that runs on 12v, but you could probably get away with running it on a lower voltage. Best way to tell is to look at the listing that you got it from, they usually tell you what voltage they run at :P

As for hooking it up, if you want to stick with composite video, just connect a wire from the composite output of the wii to the input on the screen's driver board (check continuity with the outside metal on the connector to the two wires going into the board for one of the composite inputs, the one that isn't connected to the outer metal is the one for video signal in). If you want to use something else, that board looks like it can only take composite or VGA, so you'll have to get something like GC Video for Wii, or use some kind of component to VGA converter.

Thanks do you know what the voltage is? I got it from China and they didn't give the voltage number.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Thanks do you know what the voltage is? I got it from China and they didn't give the voltage number.
Check what the chip is on the bottom left of the driver board for the screen. That looks like one I have that runs on 12v, but you could probably get away with running it on a lower voltage.
If you send a picture of the chip on the bottom left, I could probably tell you what voltages it can run on

I tried 12volt but still didn't work so no luck? Might have to return it.

yea still didn't turn on, minus will just return it.