Worklog First wii portable for final paper

Portables
Portables
Did you use guiformat to format the card? If not, do that.
using Guiformat i get this error:
Failed to open device
GetLastError()=32
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
but cant really see what process it could be using since nothing on it is opened

BocuD

Portables
Do you have another computer you can try it on? If i'm using windows i always just format it to ntfs first (using the stock tool) and then use Guiformat to make it fat32. Do you have acces to gparted in some way? It would be pretty easy to fix it that way.

Portables
Do you have another computer you can try it on? If i'm using windows i always just format it to ntfs first (using the stock tool) and then use Guiformat to make it fat32. Do you have acces to gparted in some way? It would be pretty easy to fix it that way.
i have a dual booted laptop with windows / linux to try it on, so yes i do

Portables
the trick to NTFS first and than Guiformat to fat32 worked perfectly! only the wii games still boot into a a black screen.. :(
and normally in the forums its supposed to a usb drive error, but i got the recommended one that works so kinda confused atm.
this is how the folder looks right now: https://gyazo.com/dfe2630bfa46a97de53b10a16de5d74f seems to match the guide perfectly?

Portables
tried a different SD card too, my guess right now is either both a samsung evo and a random sd card dont work, or its a game related issues? but ive tried 3 so far :?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Have you tested your game somewhere else to make sure it's a good copy? Is it inside the wbfs folder?

Portables
Have you tested your game somewhere else to make sure it's a good copy? Is it inside the wbfs folder?
tried both dolphins on my phone / pc and they are in the wbfs folder
also tried on both wii's i have so i dont think its a wii issue either

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Try overwriting the first 16mb of the drive with zeros in Linux, then redo the guiformatter

Portables
Try overwriting the first 16mb of the drive with zeros in Linux, then redo the guiformatter
Any guide on how to do it? Can't find it on Google really and from what I've seen it's the DD command right?

Portables
thanks to all the help on discord / here i managed to fix it by reinstalling portablizemii, unsure how it fixed it, but it did :)

Portables
update so far, waiting for all components to get shipped to me, got everything bought so far besides magnet wire yet, the only thing I'm confused about is what I need for the joysticks? Since I got the switches for the buttons, and also how to mount them In a case but we'll figure it out :)

Also thanks too bocud we got the intro changed of the Wii since I got nothing better to do on the project besides wait, file is sadly to big for the uploader here so that's why the drive link

Portables
hey been trying to figure out what i exactly need to wire up from the PMS to my portable, and what wires to use exactly, the discord guided me towards videos but that didnt explain it much better, following the 10 hour assembly video tho to grasp how to connect the PMS, is that the sort of way to go? https://gyazo.com/1ad3680b560a5cdc95bb43791f3b23b3 the only thing im unsure of is the big ? because that gets connected to a usb c board that i dont use, can i skip that part or?
and from reading i have to look at what amp x connection uses, and than see what wire fits it?

BocuD

Portables
Those are the i2c pins used to control the STUSB4500 on the usb c board. If you're not using that board you can just leave them disconnected.

Portables
long time not updated this because i have been using discord mostly or speaking to BocuD, feeling like his padawan tbh but to the point:

Wii 1 is shorted somewhere, coudn't figure it out myself so it was sent off to BocuD but it seems to be dead, the IR pictures from him looked cool tho.

Wii 2: i think has a broken u10 from what i figured out, but ive also trimmed it so could be trim tho

wii 3: first time i did the u10 relocation first which worked so now i only got to try trim but i dont have a working power system at the moment which is the problem atm.
the pms stopped working while charging batteries and a IC is prolly broken according to GMAN. which sucks a lot.

and i also got PTH's for the second wii, but i thought i had figured it out how they worked, but still cant get them to work properly. it just gives a really low value of volt. thought the batteries might need charging but then the pms broke ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so yea it aint going really smooth right now :/

added a picture of how its connected but it gives 0.05v :?

Attachments

Portables
Got the pths working, for some reason the red pcb had to the used with a charger first before working? O well I'm happy :)

Portables
they are really ugly connected right now, need to find a better way then running spaghetti cables all over the way but we got 1v 1.15v 3.29v and 5v :)

Portables
My current board, only the 1.8v is shorted for some reason and I can't really figure out as to why sadly

Attachments

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Got pics of the bottom? Also, just making sure, that wire isn't touching the ground ring right?

Portables
Got pics of the bottom? Also, just making sure, that wire isn't touching the ground ring right?
Not it might look like it in the picture but it does not

Attachments