Worklog First wii portable for final paper

Discussion in 'Wii' started by wudopecker, Aug 29, 2019.

1. wudopecker .

I used rufus but i guess i can give guiformat a try

2. wudopecker .

using Guiformat i get this error:
    Failed to open device
    GetLastError()=32
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    but cant really see what process it could be using since nothing on it is opened

3. BocuD .

Portables:
    Do you have another computer you can try it on? If i'm using windows i always just format it to ntfs first (using the stock tool) and then use Guiformat to make it fat32. Do you have acces to gparted in some way? It would be pretty easy to fix it that way.

Stitches likes this.
  4. wudopecker .

i have a dual booted laptop with windows / linux to try it on, so yes i do

5. wudopecker .

the trick to NTFS first and than Guiformat to fat32 worked perfectly! only the wii games still boot into a a black screen.. :(
    and normally in the forums its supposed to a usb drive error, but i got the recommended one that works so kinda confused atm.
    this is how the folder looks right now: https://gyazo.com/dfe2630bfa46a97de53b10a16de5d74f seems to match the guide perfectly?

6. wudopecker .

tried a different SD card too, my guess right now is either both a samsung evo and a random sd card dont work, or its a game related issues? but ive tried 3 so far :?

7. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Have you tested your game somewhere else to make sure it's a good copy? Is it inside the wbfs folder?

8. wudopecker .

tried both dolphins on my phone / pc and they are in the wbfs folder
    also tried on both wii's i have so i dont think its a wii issue either

9. cheese the tallest memer in town Staff Member . . .

Try overwriting the first 16mb of the drive with zeros in Linux, then redo the guiformatter

10. wudopecker .

Any guide on how to do it? Can't find it on Google really and from what I've seen it's the DD command right?

11. wudopecker .

thanks to all the help on discord / here i managed to fix it by reinstalling portablizemii, unsure how it fixed it, but it did :)

cheese and Stitches like this.
  12. wudopecker .

update so far, waiting for all components to get shipped to me, got everything bought so far besides magnet wire yet, the only thing I'm confused about is what I need for the joysticks? Since I got the switches for the buttons, and also how to mount them In a case but we'll figure it out :)

Also thanks too bocud we got the intro changed of the Wii since I got nothing better to do on the project besides wait, file is sadly to big for the uploader here so that's why the drive link

13. wudopecker .

hey been trying to figure out what i exactly need to wire up from the PMS to my portable, and what wires to use exactly, the discord guided me towards videos but that didnt explain it much better, following the 10 hour assembly video tho to grasp how to connect the PMS, is that the sort of way to go? https://gyazo.com/1ad3680b560a5cdc95bb43791f3b23b3 the only thing im unsure of is the big ? because that gets connected to a usb c board that i dont use, can i skip that part or?
    and from reading i have to look at what amp x connection uses, and than see what wire fits it?

14. BocuD .

Portables:
    Those are the i2c pins used to control the STUSB4500 on the usb c board. If you're not using that board you can just leave them disconnected.

wudopecker likes this.