Worklog First Wii Portable Attempt

Hello bitbuilt!!
so after a month of waiting my PSP case came in! @Madmorda wasnt kidding about the space! i think with a closer cut to all the safe limits might be enough to get me there but more on that later.

When i first got the Custom Regs i checked the V out and all seemed good. perfect readings all round. after connecting my wifi module and usb i got the nerve to try to boot up the wii. Aaaaand.... Nothing. after disconnecting and measuring the Voltage it seems the 3.3v line has shit the bed. it seems somewhere along the line it just decided to die on me. WTF. yo? does anyone know of any common issues with these regulators or maybe have a suggestion before i order a new one?
Thanks in advance.

Hello bitbuilt!!
so after a month of waiting my PSP case came in! @Madmorda wasnt kidding about the space! i think with a closer cut to all the safe limits might be enough to get me there but more on that later.

When i first got the Custom Regs i checked the V out and all seemed good. perfect readings all round. after connecting my wifi module and usb i got the nerve to try to boot up the wii. Aaaaand.... Nothing. after disconnecting and measuring the Voltage it seems the 3.3v line has shit the bed. it seems somewhere along the line it just decided to die on me. WTF. yo? does anyone know of any common issues with these regulators or maybe have a suggestion before i order a new one?
Thanks in advance.
In my experience, the TI regs are pretty hard to kill. I'd double check your connections, perhaps even take the 3v3 reg out of whatever configuration you currently have and test it alone. Maybe try swapping out your passives.

In my experience, the TI regs are pretty hard to kill. I'd double check your connections, perhaps even take the 3v3 reg out of whatever configuration you currently have and test it alone. Maybe try swapping out your passives.
Thanks for the feedback! im not sure what you mean by swapping the passives.. is that something thats on the regulator? These regulators were ordered from Shockslayer so i dont know really too much about them.

The "passives" are the components not on the main regulator module. In this case, that would be resistor(s) and filter capacitors, though you may not have the latter. Did you buy the regulators assembled from SS? Or just the PTH08080 modules and wire your own resistors, etc?

The "passives" are the components not on the main regulator module. In this case, that would be resistor(s) and filter capacitors, though you may not have the latter. Did you buy the regulators assembled from SS? Or just the PTH08080 modules and wire your own resistors, etc?
thanks for that. The regs did come assembled (quite nicely) they have two capacitors each. ill give it a shot and let you know. im hoping this lil wii will boot!

Could someone please help me with a pinout of this headphone jack from a PSP?? I wanted to use the original headphone jack in my project but i cant seem to figure out which pin goes to what..
the 6 pins on the right wont be used i only need the audio circuit. any help or resources would be great.

Im guessing the two pins in the back will be grounds, the pin in the middle is right signal and the front most pin is left signal.. but i cant really seem to figure it out. the more i look at diagrams the more lost i get..

sony headphone jack.PNG

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Could someone please help me with a pinout of this headphone jack from a PSP?? I wanted to use the original headphone jack in my project but i cant seem to figure out which pin goes to what..
the 6 pins on the right wont be used i only need the audio circuit. any help or resources would be great.

Im guessing the two pins in the back will be grounds, the pin in the middle is right signal and the front most pin is left signal.. but i cant really seem to figure it out. the more i look at diagrams the more lost i get..

View attachment 4816

I've seen these photos online (literally the first thing I saw) but still don't quite see it.. When the headphone is plugged in the ground would be in contact with the front most pin? The the two after for right and left audio I'm assuming. What about the 4th pin on the right? I know the PSP supported a mic input, maybe that's it? Or it's it some sort of "sense" to switch the audio?

If you're assuming it's gnd just use continuity to see if they're bridged

If you're assuming it's gnd just use continuity to see if they're bridged
That was my first thought which made this even more confusing to me because I checked continuity and those two pins were not connected. I checked the others as welland still could not distinguish any. (Most likely due to my inexperience)

I know there are a lot of questions asked here that could be solved with a little critical thinking and a multimeter (I'm sure this is no exception) I made sure to exhaust all my personal experience before posting because I know its probably annoying for everyone to answer simple questions that could otherwise be found with a quick search.

I think what I'll do is sacrifice a cheap pair of headphones strip them and check the contacts on the Jack with them plugged in. I sorta figured it's been done before and someone had a immediate answer.