Worklog First WII (no name)

Portables
Hello.
I want to make the beginning of my 3rd project here -> my first Wii Portable.

Features:
GC+
Classic+
One DC Port for Charge and Play
4xPanasonic Li ion
Wii 4Layer Board
3D printed Case
Classic Controller, Nunchuck, Gamecube Controller, Wii Mote inside
Samsung FIT Flash Drive
USB Slot
perhaps an external extension port

I trimmed the board this weekend, soldered everything important and it works :-).

After trimming I had a little problem with my PTH 08080, but that strangely solved itself (thanks anyway to Gman, Aurelio, JacksonS).

Next, I will finish my 3D drawing and print.

I hope I can do everything as I imagine

Its all not that easy with 2 little kids and a full time job :D
20180527_203101.jpg
20180527_203055.jpg
vL6N60V.png
AIhUdlX.png
Efw9qFb.png
20180527_203113.jpg

Thanks to the whole community, you are all really great in this forum

Last edited:

BocuD

Portables
Hello.
I want to make the beginning of my 3rd project here -> my first Wii Portable.

I trimmed the board this weekend, soldered everything important and it works :-).

After trimming I had a little problem with my PTH 08080, but that strangely solved itself (thanks anyway to Gman, Aurelio, JacksonS).

Next, I will finish my 3D drawing and print.

In my project I would like to use GC +, Classic + and various other fetaures.
I hope I can do everything as I imagine

View attachment 6166 View attachment 6167 View attachment 6168 View attachment 6169 View attachment 6170 View attachment 6165
Thanks to the whole community, you are all really great in this forum
This is looking great! Awesome that you got your trim already working as well btw. About that heatsink though.. It seems way overkill for the wii. Using a smaller heatsink (even cutting this one) may simplify / shrink your build by quite a bit. Of course, you can use this one if you want, its just not necessary. Either way, good luck with your portable. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed!

Portables
This is looking great! Awesome that you got your trim already working as well btw. About that heatsink though.. It seems way overkill for the wii. Using a smaller heatsink (even cutting this one) may simplify / shrink your build by quite a bit. Of course, you can use this one if you want, its just not necessary. Either way, good luck with your portable. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed!
Thank you very much.
Yeah, i took my time and i trimmed all very carefully.

No, this is not the final heatsink, it is only for testing.
I dont know which heatsink i would use in the final version.

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
Good work so far! Seems like everyone has a 3d printer nowadays! That mobo cut is a little intimidating to me, nice job on it!

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I feel ya, man. I can’t get anything done until after fibs jr. and fibs jr. jr. are in bed. Even then I tend to gravitate toward Skyrim or something other than modding. You’ve got a great start on this project already! Looking forward to further progress!

Portables
i made new progress
i sanded and painted the case (it was the first time i had to paint something and had done that really shitty :(, next time i need some person with a better painting-skill)
i printed some button holder (i always 3d print my button holder instead of use some custom PCBs :D ) and put some things togethter :D
Now i got audio working, Classic+ is working with some Slider problem (Jackson is helping me)
and i am waiting for my GC+ IC
long story short:
20180618_222245.jpg
20180618_222220.jpg
20180621_223817.jpg
20180621_223829.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
i made new progress
i sanded and painted the case (it was the first time i had to paint something and had done that really shitty :(, next time i need some person with a better painting-skill)
i printed some button holder (i always 3d print my button holder instead of use some custom PCBs :D ) and put some things togethter :D
Now i got audio working, Classic+ is working with some Slider problem (Jackson is helping me)
and i am waiting for my GC+ IC
long story short:
View attachment 6320 View attachment 6321 View attachment 6322 View attachment 6323
Case looks good, but what's with all the tape inside? Did you put Sellotape over the entire lower half?

Portables
Case looks good, but what's with all the tape inside? Did you put Sellotape over the entire lower half?
Thank you.
So the tape is only because of the soldering and testing because there, so there is no short circuit.
That will come out in the final phase :)

Looks very good so far :) Keep up the good work!
One question: Why did you paint the case? Wouldn't it be easier to print the case in your color?

Portables
So i wired up the gc+, thanks to @Aurelio for his help, because i didn't know that i have to wire up both joystick to the GC+ to work correctly.
I printed the Shoulder button and wired the dual tact mode up and now i am playing Super Mario Shunsine until i get some new motivation to wire up the classic+ and a low battery indicator.
The Case is so much better than on my first portable the Wii is a such a great Console and now i can use it in my portable (Thanks to the great bitbuilt community)
35heWN9 - Imgur.jpg

4Zg6SYo - Imgur.jpg

and i have to clean up a little bit and i have to make a holder for the gc+.

Portables
Lately I've been working a lot on my WII and today is a good and bad day, but let's start from scratch:
The GC + I have been installed for a long time, but I wanted to install the Classic + of JacksonS, that worked out well.
M2zhEkz - Imgur.jpg

Then with the help of JacksonS I installed a PIC16F1503 to switch between the modes (WII Mote, Classic +, GC +, Nunchuck).
For the Wiimote I still needed a bus switch, which of course I also installed immediately.
Everything worked until today, except for switching from the GC +, but that's what I wanted to do today.
o6UeUdE - Imgur.jpg

So today I installed the low battery indicator and the charging LED, then I suddenly had problems with the Wiimote, which I tried to solve, of course, but out of sheer anger, I then just expanded everything up to the GC + and decided that I then the remaining controllers will be installed in my second portable.
Thus, I am now at the end arrived and I'm glad that still everything else works as it should: D
vzxDO6c - Imgur.jpg

q9b72Mn - Imgur.jpg

pW3apXC - Imgur.jpg

JI8SBO1 - Imgur.jpg

kPostny - Imgur.jpg

So i can now work on my next WII Portables, because i have so much 4Layer WIIs :)
SYY2P46 - Imgur.jpg

Thanks to @Aurelio
Thanks to @JacksonS

Shank

Staff member
Portables
This is a really well done first portable! The screen to body ratio is nice, and the internals are not bad. You are off to an excellent start! I'd look into getting yourself some 34awg magnet wire, it certainly makes life much easier. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you with those other Wiis; I'm sure it'll be great as well. Good work!

Portables
This is a really well done first portable! The screen to body ratio is nice, and the internals are not bad. You are off to an excellent start! I'd look into getting yourself some 34awg magnet wire, it certainly makes life much easier. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you with those other Wiis; I'm sure it'll be great as well. Good work!
Thank you so much, these are beautiful words