Worklog First Wii mod - Making a Micro

Hi! I'm relatively new to the bitbuilt community, and I'm finally getting down to the point of ordering things to make a Wii Mini. I'm mostly doing this as a learning project, because I definitely can't make a portable right now. I already have a dremel to trim with, but that's about it. I'm looking to have an HDMI port and 2 gamecube ports. Maybe USB-C for power, and ofc 2 USB ports, sensor bar, and an SD slot in the back. I might need some help as I really don't know much about what I'm doing, or where to find stuff. Wish me luck!

Pablo

Portables
3 - G-Wii, Gamebii, G-Boy
SD slot is a bit awkward for a first build tbh, the rest sounds very doable though, best of luck!

Portables
none
Hey there! I'm pretty much in the same spot as you, relatively new and probably not ready to make a portable yet, so I'm looking at making a microconsole. Eager to see where this goes!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi! I'm relatively new to the bitbuilt community, and I'm finally getting down to the point of ordering things to make a Wii Mini. I'm mostly doing this as a learning project, because I definitely can't make a portable right now. I already have a dremel to trim with, but that's about it. I'm looking to have an HDMI port and 2 gamecube ports. Maybe USB-C for power, and ofc 2 USB ports, sensor bar, and an SD slot in the back. I might need some help as I really don't know much about what I'm doing, or where to find stuff. Wish me luck!
Using a adapter adds some lag, but when I used a wii2hdmi adapter it wasn't noticeable to me. Not sure if it matters to you though.
The HDMI conversion boards from Electron Shepard would be best for this. They're a lot better than chinesium Wii2HDMI units. They also sell a hand dandy breakout board for the Gamecube controller port to make things a little easier