Question First time trying any of this! Need help and advice!

I'm just starting, just bought a bunch of random stuff I got off one of the tutorial videos, I don't have a battery, I would like to have something to load up off a sd card, and don't have a case x.x Trying for a Gamecube, I don't much mind size of the console, just first build x.x id like just alittle bit of advice, and maybe parts that someone can recommend to someone like me. One of those OS systems or whatever (Portabalize mii?) I don't know squat about this XD I'm just handy with tools and love games. >.< Just diving head in

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Portablizemii is for the Wii, not for the Gamecube.
What parts have you already got? In the case you haven't got already all the parts needed for a GameCube portable you might want to try making a Wii portable since it's so much easier to trim and offers many advantages

Portablizemii is for the Wii, not for the Gamecube.
What parts have you already got? In the case you haven't got already all the parts needed for a GameCube portable you might want to try making a Wii portable since it's so much easier to trim and offers many advantages
I know that much >.< But a wii is easier o-o I can get one soon, But I got a gamecube, a 2 way toggle switch, 10k ohm pots x2, some female jack sockets for dc power, 2x 60 mm fans, VGA AV controller board 5inch ZJ050NA-08C replcace AT050TN22 V1 640×480 lcd, Dynex™ Portable Travel Speaker for Apple® iPod® and Most MP3 Players 3.5mm Jack, DYNEX DX-32L100A13 SPEAKERS SET YX1218. WITH SCREWS, and 50PCS White 15cm Double Headed Tinned Cable Fly line Thin wire 7 Cores (eventually just copy pasted the ebay stuff I got) I don't have too much for tools, I know I need screwdrivers, and just need to get smaller sized solder. And I'm just a big fanatic of Nintendo, and if a Wii is easier, and I mean lol wii can play gamecube and Nintendo games right? So would be probably better for me x.x Just need a good starting point and practice. I'm slowly using all my money to fund this, don't have insane amounts tho x.x

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Personally, I believe a good starting point would be to open up your console, amp/speakers, screen, etc. and wire them together. I don't mean connect screen to system with the GC's A/V cable - actually hardwire the screen to the video output pins on the GC, hardwire amp/speakers to left and right audio output, etc. Believe it or not, doing just that and getting your games to come up on your 5" screen can be a big boost to your self confidence and gets you practicing soldering.

From there, read up on how you can shrink the size of the electronics you're working with (board trimming, eliminating disk drive, etc.) and then you can start thinking about your case and how you're going to put it all together. Good luck!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Ok since you haven't got already a wiikey fusion/wasp and a megadrive, you should probably switch over to the Wii since it's probably going to be cheaper anyway.

First of all take a look at the revision guide: http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/revision-identification-guide.863/
Using the above information you should be able to find a 4-layer board which will be more power efficient.
Then read all the guides about PortablizeMii and make sure to get it to work before doing any sort of trim to the motherboard: http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/portablizemii.141/
Finally read the trimming guide: http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/

If you end up using a 6-layer wii then you have to use this trimming guide: http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.ph...ive-wii-trimming-guide-6-layer-expansion.860/