Worklog First portable N64 “help”

hello I used the modded bacteria instructions to make my portable and I just went right into without checking my cartridge location test and now I have no idea what to check for if it’s working or not I am not using a ps screen even though it would be easier , I’m using a fan , second party controller I got the joystick on there to work which I’m proud of lol I’ll post pictures of everything I have so far .

Attachments

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
First of: Please stop double posting (See rule no. 3: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/rules.41/)

Now to your project.. well.. did it ever work? like did you everything step by step & test every single modificate you made?
e.g. solder in video output, test it; solder on 3.3v regulator, test it; solder on controller, test it... etc.

I'm assuming everything worked untill you relocated the card slot?! Then use a multimeter to check for shots between the pins of the cartridge-slot. Also check if you wired them correctly.

If you can't confirm it's been working before, well then it's hard to tell what's wrong. Your soldering in general looks.. well.. somewhat less then perfect, espacially the PTH looks gross.

First of: Please stop double posting (See rule no. 3: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/rules.41/)

Now to your project.. well.. did it ever work? like did you everything step by step & test every single modificate you made?
e.g. solder in video output, test it; solder on 3.3v regulator, test it; solder on controller, test it... etc.

I'm assuming everything worked untill you relocated the card slot?! Then use a multimeter to check for shots between the pins of the cartridge-slot. Also check if you wired them correctly.

If you can't confirm it's been working before, well then it's hard to tell what's wrong. Your soldering in general looks.. well.. somewhat less then perfect, espacially the PTH looks gross.
This is my first I can’t post in my own thread ?

Nold is just trying to stop you from creating a bad habit since that is tehnically against the rules here. He is just trying to help. But yeah. You can still post. Just try to use the edit button in a post if you have something new to add shortly after posting something.

Also, what is that you are using for your case? It looks really good so far!

Nold is just trying to stop you from creating a bad habit since that is tehnically against the rules here. He is just trying to help. But yeah. You can still post. Just try to use the edit button in a post if you have something new to add shortly after posting something.

Also, what is that you are using for your case? It looks really good so far!
Oh then I am truly sorry for posting in my own thread post , and the case is a old at&t modem . See like I when I first connected the batteries to it worked then I unplugged it and then when I reconnected it it turn on plus I did have a fan connected to it . I saw someone else with the same case named member JoJo if that’s safe to say if not I’ll edit this again

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
It's rough, but everything is rough in the beginning and only time, sanding, and persistence will fix that! Keep going :D