Worklog First Gwii

Heuic

I'm starting my first portable after doing a lot of reading and finally getting enough money to build one. I'm saving a real name for my portable when I make one of my own design. I have ordered all of my parts from AliExpress and am waiting for them to arrive.
I will be trying to make a detailed worklog of everything that I'm doing so that other people can reference it for help.

Here is my Parts List

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm starting my first portable after doing a lot of reading and finally getting enough money to build one. I'm saving a real name for my portable when I make one of my own design. I have ordered all of my parts from AliExpress and am waiting for them to arrive.
I will be trying to make a detailed worklog of everything that I'm doing so that other people can reference it for help.

Here is my Bom
I think you can do it :)

Portables
I just started my G-Wii too! It's definitely a very interesting and fun thing to make.

Heuic

Day 1
so I decided to trim my mother board today now that I got most of my parts. I followed all the steps in the Wii revision guide, cut and sanded it in one day. I will cut MX chip a later day.

All the resistances have checked out. I did a test wiring and it works!!!
IMG_20210921_152449.jpg
IMG_20210921_162233.jpg
IMG_20210922_213822.jpg
IMG_20210922_230801.jpg

Heuic

Day 2
Today I rewired everything up inside my case, and tried to do the 5v mod on my screen. After I did the mod my screen wouldn't accept video input for some reason but it would load to the blue screen. Sparkle bear tried to help me in discord but I had already put everything away by that time. Also i found that cutting the pins on the connector on the video board and than heating up the solder and taking out the pin entirely was the easiest way to remove the video connectors on the board.

IMG_20210927_150704.jpg
IMG_20210925_202520.jpg
IMG_20210925_205908.jpg

Heuic

Day 3
Today I basically spent almost all of my time figuring out why my screen wouldn't accept video input and I found out I had burnt the av2 pad, so I had to follow the trace up to the first solder able point on the board that was a tiny resistor right above it. I also wired up USB to the Wii following the guide on how to make a twisted pair of wire. Its all wired up now and works!!! So that's nice. I still have to wire up controls, audio, and switch to VGA which I hope to do this Saturday.
IMG_20210927_165133.jpg

I'm saving a real name for my portable when I make one of my own design.
Hey, I'm trying to research about making a portable. You said this is someone else's design so can you tell me where you found the design from because I would also like to try and build someone else's design before making my own.

Heuic

Heuic

Well long story short I finished this and then repaired it after it got broke, and then I rebuilt the whole thing after being inspired by @SparkleBear 's wii nudes ( didn't come anywhere close to his tidyness though:( Also I got to lazy to continue the work log while I was working on it and decided to finish it now lmao.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Well long story short I finished this and then repaired it after it got broke, and then I rebuilt the whole thing after being inspired by @SparkleBear 's wii nudes ( didn't come anywhere close to his tidyness though:( Also I got to lazy to continue the work log while I was working on it and decided to finish it now lmao.
Very nice!