Worklog First Ever Portable

Hi, I’ve been looking into making a portable on and off for a few months now and I’ve decided to make a Wii portable. I plan on making a G-Wii, but including a GameCube memory card slot if at all possible. I think I've read through as much material as I can without making any actual progress, so I figured starting a worklog is a good step in that direction.

Here’s the list of parts I have acquired:
  • Wii
  • Soldering Station
  • USB-C Board
  • GC+ Board
  • RVL PMS
  • U-AMP
  • 5” Screen w/ Driver Board
  • M2 Screws
  • microSD Card
  • Kingston Adapter
  • Dremel
  • Dremel Cutting Discs
  • Sandpaper
  • GameCube AV Board
  • Multimeter
  • ABXY/Start Buttons
  • D-Pad
  • Analog Sticks
  • Analog Stick Covers
  • Screwdriver (00 Phillips)
  • Kapton tape
  • Precision tweezers
  • Solder (Kester 63/37)
  • Flux (Kester 951)
  • 34 AWG magnet wire
  • 22 AWG magnet wire
  • Fan
  • Squishy Tacts

And the ones I plan to get:
  • G-Wii Case + Mounts
  • 18650 Batteries (x4)
  • Heatsink
  • Copper Plate
  • Thermal Paste
  • Shielded wire (still unclear on what I should do for this)
  • Speakers
  • Headphone jack

I have PortablizeMii installed, and I plan to do as many relocations as I can before trimming the Wii for the sake of testing. The thing I’m most concerned with right now is the memory card slot. I still need to remove a component so that I don’t get too close to the slot when I trim it off. The other issue with it is that I’m not sure of the best way to fit it into the G-Wii case. I downloaded the rev 2 files and have thought about editing them to include a slot and possibly some mounts. However, I haven’t gone through with that yet because I have very little experience with Fusion 360. I haven't figured out where I'm getting the case from just yet, but I'd prefer to wait on that until I've figured out what to do about the memory card slot.

Obviously I’ve never done all this before, so any advice or criticism would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

Cano

I'm also new to the wii portable scene but i have a good experience with 3d printing, fusion 360, smd soldering, phone repair/tablet repair.

why did you install portablizemii? thought bbloaderwas better
i could be wrong i have a couple weeks of reading and tinkering before i can be of any real help

I'm also new to the wii portable scene but i have a good experience with 3d printing, fusion 360, smd soldering, phone repair/tablet repair.

why did you install portablizemii? thought bbloaderwas better
i could be wrong i have a couple weeks of reading and tinkering before i can be of any real help
I actually installed portablizemii back in May and I was too busy to do research for a while, so I totally missed BBLoader. I'll have to look into whether it'd be worth it to uninstall portablizemii and replace it with BBLoader.