Portables
What kinds of music do you folks listen to? For projects, for study, or just for fun?
Personally I listen to a lot of rock music, because electric guitar is by far my favorite instrument to listen to
For study I switch between rain noise, classical, and VGS sometimes
For fun I generally just watch Heyayayayaya over and over again

Anyways, this is just my way to procrastinate working.

Thoughts?

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
Hey, I listen to rain & thunderstorms when I'm studying, too!

I listen to oldies, mostly 60s/70s/80s music, including classic rock, southern rock, R&B, and a lot of soul, funk, and disco.
I also listen to classic jazz, like John Coltrane, Elvin Jones, and Charles Mingus, plus some modern big band and jazz fusion stuff.
I listen to quite a bit of modern electronica and ambient electronic music. Vaporwave, too.

My favorite artists overall are probably Earth, Wind and Fire, Kool and the Gang, Hall and Oates, the Bee Gees, ELO, Elton John, and Yello.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
What more do you need?

But in all seriousness, for studying I'll listen to pretty much anything without lyrics. Remixed video game music is always fun, I'll have to look into rain and thunderstorms too because that sounds like good background noise.

BocuD

Portables
I'd say video game OSTs as well
eg Galaxy is great, pretty much anything that's in smash as well
specifically the metal parts of the Xenoblade 1 OST are amazing

Portables
Hey, my favorite instrument is the electric guitar too!
I also listen to a lot of rock, and a little bit of metal if it isn’t too heavy (I can’t stand Slayer, for example. Trivium is about as heavy as I’m willing to go.)
One of my favorite bands right now is Dorje, and two of my favorite songs right now are Catalyst and Aeromancy, both by them. Rob Chapman and Rabea Massaad are fucking beasts on the guitar.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Country and certain classic rock songs were ruined for me by my family, but just about everything else is fair game for me.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Country and certain classic rock songs were ruined for me by my family, but just about everything else is fair game for me.
this is why i hate Queen and the 4 stadium butt rock songs they only play

Portables
Almost One :)
Star Fox Adventures... David Wise composed some great ethereal music for that game.

Jerd

I recently started listening to guy called FearOfDark. He makes the best chiptunes I've ever heard.
Here's the links to (in my personal opinion) his 2 best albums.

I like Mac Demarco, Broken Social Scene, Megadeth, my indie playlist on Spotify.. I can't remember any of the songs or artists as I'm usually driving when I listen to Spotify. Umm.. oh yeah and some ching chong like Frederic and Ling Tosite Sigure.

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
I'm a big EDM fan, everything from house to chillout. Fave songs below:
Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter
Porter Robinson - Sad Machine
Galantis - Gold Dust
Miro - Ashes
Laura Brehm - just everything