Worklog Excited Work Log

Just a heads up if those are extreme rate buttons that red will smear.... I had a white Switch Pro Controller that i made to represent the EMMI from Metroid dread and the ABXY buttons wore off onto the white shell. Idk if they have since fixed that issue but just wanted to let ya know.
thank you that’s actually great to know i have original buttons as well so i may just clean them and throw the stock ones in

Have you been able to test your trim yet?
no waiting on the batteries they were delayed in shipping, everything else is in minus the gc2+ and the pd2 resistances seemed okay though so i’ll hopefully have then

5/13 update wired how everything to test, fan turns on, screen turns on, wii gets warm, i have it wired to AV but when i power it on the screen is blue and says VGA in the top left then goes black, how do i change the screen over to AV

Attachments

update: same day lol
after getting on the 4layer discord i was guided to a pin out to swap the screen to av for testing, SUCCESS we have a working trimmed wii, now just waiting on the PD2 and gc2+ to come in stock so i can finish the whole circuit! still haven’t wired up the buttons since i don’t have the controller but i’m very happy it was a sucessful day . that’s decoder for the help in discord
IMG_3551.jpeg
IMG_3548.jpeg
IMG_3554.jpeg

Nice that’s awesome! I am glad it worked! Great job on first try.
I broke 4 wiis before I got my trim working.
i honestly had another wii in my cart on ebay i case it didn’t go well i feel a lot better after getting it all tested now i’m just waiting in the last 2 pieces to come in stock and i can rewire the vga lines and start doing audio, i was most shocked i got the U10 soldered first try tbh

so i am about to have some down time at work and want to get my ashida wired up to vga, i read all the trim guides and was wondering if there’s an advantage to pulling the signal from the bottom of the board over using the points by the video caps ? i also twisted my wire with a drill and it’s wound a lot tighter than the wires shown in the gboy guide will that be okay ?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
A tighter helix is fine, yeah. The only difference between grabbing the video from the big caps or the vias is a small amount of extra signal filtering if the big caps are still attached. It's not super important for how short our video wires are in a portable, so it's up to personal choice. I you want to solder to the larger capacitor pads for convenience, go for it. You won't see a tangible difference in the video quality either way

A tighter helix is fine, yeah. The only difference between grabbing the video from the big caps or the vias is a small amount of extra signal filtering if the big caps are still attached. It's not super important for how short our video wires are in a portable, so it's up to personal choice. I you want to solder to the larger capacitor pads for convenience, go for it. You won't see a tangible difference in the video quality either way
okay perfect thank you again i think i’ll prob try from the video caps it seems to be an easier spot, obviously v sync and h sync still have to come from the chip itself correct?