Everdrive64 clone

Noah

retired
Portables
I should also mention that the old ED64Plus could be updated with Krikzz's firmware and it worked pretty great according to others. Nobody has tried it on this version yet as far as i can tell. Im too much of a puss to try it myself lol.
I believe it only works with the firmware from the V1 IIRC. I could be wrong though, which would be nice since I'm sure the newer firmwares are much better.

@Element18592 can confirm. Just loaded 1.29 onto my ED64 and it works quite nicely. I also reformatted my SD card using guiformat so we'll see if that improves performance at all.
Thats awesome news. Ill probably go ahead and do that now myself. And to verify you had to change the extension correct?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Y'know something I love about GC-Forever is they rehosted all the old firmware stuff for hardware like the wiikey. We should probably grab everything like that and categorize it somewhere here, in case these sites go down in the future.

Noah

retired
Portables
Everdrive firmware was a bust for me. It worked for a few minutes and then I couldn't load any ROMs or even navigate the menus without errors. Good thing the stock firmware works just fine.

My verdict after a weekend full of Mario Party, Mario Kart, and a couple of other games is that this thing is great for what we need. It's fast, cheap(er), and it should be able to be trimmed down to around the size if not smaller than the 64Drive portable edition.