Solved Everdrive issues

Hi all,

I was hoping my first post here not to be "help me!" post but this one has me stumped.

After relocating the cart connector i cant get my Everdrive64 (krikzz) to work on it, plays every other cart fine just not the Everdrive. Haven't done any trimming.

Ive done this on 2 boards now using that standard grey ribbon wire.

Tried connecting all pins as well as only connecting 28 pins (including pin 45). Had a thought maybe the ED64 wasn't getting enough power so i reconnected all the 3.3v pins as well as doubling up on the wire for those connections. No matter what i do normal carts work but not the ED64.

When i try to use the ED64 the screen displays black with slanted white lines, cant really capture it but if you look at the edge of the pic you can make it out.

Redone this a few times now but im not finding any wiring mistakes, so what ever the problem is im replicating it every time while still being able to plat normal carts.

If anyone has a idea id love to hear it

Attachments

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Shorter wire, more grounds, even length wire, etc. That's about all you can do.

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
I have the same problem with my everdrive,just reconnect the rest of the 3.3v with thin wires and use a thicker wire to connect two more grounds

welp........ i think i cracked it

my everdrive64 is a old v2 i got for my RGB french PAL, and i have been working on a NTSC-J 64

i was just about to abandon the board i was working on and start again with a fresh one but decided i should first test the new one to see if the 64 is working, when it wouldn't play my ED I thought it was just a dirty connector, then it occurred to me to try one of the NTSC carts i have.....

which worked.

so the last 2 versions of the ED worked on any system, it had been so long since got mine i didn't remember you had to get one for your region back then.

well at least im now a pro at soldering cart connectors (screams inside head)