Question End Game Problems

Bozer

(I guess this post is a question and a work log of sorts)

As I was putting in the final screws to my Louii to call it a build I noticed one of the sides was being stubborn and not screwing all the way down.
1686194970792.png

So I had this amazing idea to push even harder on it, trying to get it to close. Of course it never did and I had to look closer again
1686195127489.png

*Historical reenactment*

This screw was to tall and was preventing me from closing the case all the way. The reason I put the screw there is because the other option I had didn't connect the screen holder and the GC+ But it being right on top the screen and me unknowingly jamming it into the screen which of course led to this..
1686195302899.png

This of course was super annoying as I was soooo close to being done. Of all the times to make a horrible mistake it had to be right at the end. Of course I know the answer to this issue is buying a new screen which is frustrating but something I gotta swallow

Anyways, a little after that my Wii decided to stop booting and now something is giving a very quiet but present high pitched noise when I try to charge it. I know it's not booting because my wiimote isn't connecting when I attempt boot

I looked at the battery and it looks like the head of the screw was also jamming into it but idk if this would damage the battery or not. While it was booting I think the B button was shorting to the battery ground when I tried to close it and was constantly giving a B input, but if I didn't try to close it, there was no constant input, just another detail.
1686196398084.png

The battery being damaged would explain the quite buzz from one of the boards. It's possible it stopped booting because I plugged the system in, but I don't remember for sure. Don't worry I disconnected and removed the batteries from the case

I tested voltages while they were disconnected from the PMS-Lite and they all looked good but I didn't test 1v as I soldered it underneath the Wii and cant desolder it without taking a bunch of stuff apart.

Here are pictures of everything else, I know it's a lot of Spaghetti, Ravioli, Pasta, and other Italian delectables but if you see anything that's off I would appreciate the help.
1686197289280.png

1686197311616.png
1686197321285.png
1686197333024.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Gosh dang it.

(I guess this post is a question and a work log of sorts)

Anyways, as I was putting in the final screws to my Louii to call it a build I noticed one of the sides was being stubborn and not screwing all the way down.
View attachment 27967
So I had this amazing idea to push even harder on it, trying to get it to close. Of course it never did and I had to look closer again
View attachment 27970
*Historical reenactment*

This screw was to tall and was preventing me from closing the case all the way. The reason I put the screw there is because the other option I had didn't connect the screen holder and the GC+ But it being right on top the screen and me unknowingly jamming it into the screen which of course led to this..
View attachment 27971
This of course was super annoying as I was soooo close to being done. Of all the times to make a horrible mistake it had to be right at the end. Of course I know the answer to this issue is buying a new screen which is frustrating but something I gotta swallow

Anyways, a little after that my Wii decided to stop booting and now something is giving a very quiet but present high pitched noise when I try to charge it. I know it's not booting because my wiimote isn't connecting when I attempt boot

I looked at the battery and it looks like the head of the screw was also jamming into it but idk if this would damage the battery or not. While it was booting I think the B button was shorting to the battery ground when I tried to close it and was constantly giving a B input, but if I didn't try to close it, there was no constant input, just another detail.
View attachment 27973
The battery being damaged would explain the quite buzz from one of the boards. It's possible it stopped booting because I plugged the system in, but I don't remember for sure.

I tested voltages while they were disconnected from the PMS-Lite and they all looked good but I didn't test 1v as I soldered it underneath the Wii and cant desolder it without taking a bunch of stuff apart.

Here are pictures of everything else, I know it's a lot of Spaghetti, Ravioli, Pasta, and other Italian delectables but if you see anything that's off I would appreciate the help.
View attachment 27974
View attachment 27975View attachment 27976View attachment 27977
I'd remove that cell from the system immediately and examine the metal casing. Any damage makes it an unacceptable fire risk

Bozer

I'd remove that cell from the system immediately and examine the metal casing. Any damage makes it an unacceptable fire risk
yup I thought about that while writing the post, thanks for the reminder

Bozer

Now that I think about it, the pms was still powering the screen so that makes me think the batteries aren't damaged but maybe not. That also tells me that 3v3 is still giving power. Maybe the batteries aren't sufficiently charged? It's reading at 4.06 volts so probably not. I'll try booting with the single battery that was working before. I guess I should also check 1v and make sure that has a good connection cause 1v had been breaking off overtime when I had it on the front so maybe it did it again underneath. I'll report my findings later.