Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Cartridge Art

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cartridge Art (Zoomed)

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Luke

Portables
I've kind of been considering the idea of creating a bunch of covers that anyone could use. Hmm. So many though. If I did could they be hosted here?

(For context, this would be for PortablizeMii emulators. At the moment there is only one cover per emulator and if you want a different cover per game you have to make them yourself)

If you have a preference as to what the cover should be, Please cast your vote in the poll at the top!!!

Here are previews of what each option might look like (not necessarily final versions):

Box Art:
0074.png

Cartridge Art:
007.png

Cartridge Art (Zoomed):
0072.png
0075.png

Suggested improvements to any of the above designs are welcome as well.

Last edited:

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I've kind of been considering the idea of creating a bunch of covers that anyone could use. Hmm. So many though. If I did could they be hosted here?
Yeah, we could do that! Just send us what you have/when you have them. We might even be able to include them with PM.

Luke

Portables
007.png

0073.png

They're a bit rough, but to get a feel for what looks good, what do you guys think, better 1 or 2? Box art? Something else? Same style would go for other emulator covers.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I moved this so we can collaborate together much easier instead of putting all of this under a PM guide.

(We can also move this to a different subforum if desired. I thought this would be the best place, but IDK)

I personally like style number 2 better :D

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I actually prefer cropped box art so it's not so obvious that it's a scan of the cart itself.

I can't get a good high res image of Goldeneye from my work internet, but I did turn up this:

Bond Mouth™ must have gone canon.

Untitled.png

Luke

Portables
I actually prefer cropped box art so it's not so obvious that it's a scan of the cart itself.
I'm kind of torn on this. At 120*120px it's not like, incredibly obvious that it's just a scan. Zoomed in box art is actually what I have now on my wii, but it bothers me that the best possible 120*120 area isn't standard across all boxes.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Box art is a good idea, but like Luke said at 120x120, the scan doesn't look half bad as well.

If you want this to be incorporated into PM, then we will definitely have to have a standard and I think we should hear what others have to say on it as well.

We could do either one. Both are preferable to the the current cover art.

Luke

Portables
Box art is a good idea, but like Luke said at 120x120, the scan doesn't look half bad as well.

If you want this to be incorporated into PM, then we will definitely have to have a standard and I think we should hear what others have to say on it as well.

We could do either one. Both are preferable to the the current cover art.
Want to make a poll?

Luke

Portables
we should hear what others have to say on it as well
I thought as a moderator there might be some way to make one in this thread.
edit: oh, you already made one. sorry, didn't see.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Upon further reflection (who said anything about peer pressure?) I'm liking the zoomed in cart scan. It's easy to identify at a glance that it's from a cart and what system it's for, which I prefer over a bland stock image that crops out the console markings. It's like when I'm looking at Playstation games vs boxed PC games. PC boxes have the game's art and very little else. PS games have the Playstation banner splashed on the top or side somewhere and I've always loved that.

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
I am all for Box Art, more proffered would be Title Screen Screenshots though, then they would all be the same size, and you'd know what you were playing still.

I would start helping with Title Screen Screenshots, as I have a massive number of games

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I am all for Box Art, more proffered would be Title Screen Screenshots though, then they would all be the same size, and you'd know what you were playing still.

I would start helping with Title Screen Screenshots, as I have a massive number of games

Post a few first and we can also add it to the poll.

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
Post a few first and we can also add it to the poll.
Huzzah!

This shall be quite easy with all of the GB/GBC/GG/NES games.

On the other hand, if we were able to separate the emulators into different sections, box art would work as we could set each emulator to have a different sized picture for the game type, and maintain aspect ratio for the actual boxes......

Here are some NES Titles Green Screenshots for emu covers!!

These are named for the [MULTI][ROM SET] No-Intro Collection (Complete ROM Sets) file list.

In this case the NES set.

25th Anniversary Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (Promo, Virtual Console).png
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, The (USA).png
After Burner (Japan).png
Air Fortress (Japan).png
2010 - Street Fighter (Japan).png
Addams Family, The - Uncle Fester's Quest (USA) (Beta).png
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Hillsfar (Japan).png
Adventure Island Classic (Europe).png
Adventures of Gilligan's Island, The (USA).png
Adventures of Rad Gravity, The (USA).png

I've still got a ways to go, just to finish the NES set (2,721 games total just for NES), only got 74 done so far.