Worklog EknonCo's PS2 Portable! (I'm a noob, pls help)

Yeah that's the idea. You can't use the same jack for charge and play unless you have a protection circuit which also manages the battery charging. Those do exist which someone has posted about in the battery thread (the "red board") but I'm not sure if that would work for a PS2.
Oh wow, that's pretty wild, I didn't even consider the idea of charge vs. play and charge. The more you know!

Portables
Yeah that's the idea. You can't use the same jack for charge and play unless you have a protection circuit which also manages the battery charging. Those do exist which someone has posted about in the battery thread (the "red board") but I'm not sure if that would work for a PS2.
There's a few of us working on a solution for charge and play independently but don't expect that too quickly.

Guys, I just realized that this site is charging $55 shipping on a $4.99 PCB! I think there's another shipping option for $27, but even that is way too much.

I found one on eBay here, I think that one will work. Tell me if you guys know where to get the right one.

Last edited:
Portables
That one on eBay should be fine. Maybe get yourself a few to save on shipping if you make anymore portables.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Ah, thanks, a bit easier on the wallet, lol.
Grebbles' link is about the best you'll get without paying out the ass for shipping. You'll just have to wait a while.
Yup, haha, that's okay though cause I have to wait on most of my parts since they're also coming from China. Hopefully I get most of them soon!
What country are you in? I accidentally ordered like 20 of them before (issues with my bank an international payments, blah blah) i can send you one at cost plus standard shipping.

Also, don't you mean you want one of these? https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/771602
Hm, that link sends me to a 404 so idk. Someone recommended me the one I was talking about.
But yeah, pertaining to your proposition, I'm Canada, thanks for the offering! DM if you want, to talk about cost and such.

Alright guys, I figured I'd give you all a quick update. Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone, and thanks for all the help so far! Currently sitting on my hands waiting for parts to ship, thus the "hiatus." When some more parts start arriving, hopefully we'll be back in business. Cheers!

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Alright guys, I figured I'd give you all a quick update. Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone, and thanks for all the help so far! Currently sitting on my hands waiting for parts to ship, thus the "hiatus." When some more parts start arriving, hopefully we'll be back in business. Cheers!
I know how that feels >.<

Sounds like it’s time to start another project! :D
Hahaha, yep that's the spirit! Unfortunately my other "project" currently is studying for exams so we'll have to wait for more exciting things to happen when the month is over xP

Hey everyone, getting more parts slowly and almost done exams! One quick question, I think I kinda asked before but I'm still not sure.
So, I bought this charger. How do I know what jack(s) I need for it and, more importantly, where can I find one?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, getting more parts slowly and almost done exams! One quick question, I think I kinda asked before but I'm still not sure.
So, I bought this charger. How do I know what jack(s) I need for it and, more importantly, where can I find one?
If you scroll down a bit on the ebay page it says "DC socket, 5.5/2.1mm" just search on ebay "5.5mm jack" and it should give you a lot of 5.5x2.1mm jack
(I quick searched and found this )

If you scroll down a bit on the ebay page it says "DC socket, 5.5/2.1mm" just search on ebay "5.5mm jack" and it should give you a lot of 5.5x2.1mm jack
(I quick searched and found this )
Ahhh that makes a lot of sense actually. Haha I should've been able to figure that out, thanks man.

EDIT:
How do these look (from China)?

Or these?

Also, these ones are from the U.S. but more expensive

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Ahhh that makes a lot of sense actually. Haha I should've been able to figure that out, thanks man.

EDIT:
How do these look (from China)?

Or these?

Also, these ones are from the U.S. but more expensive
The first will be the easiest to work with.

Alright dudes, I now have more or less everything except for the voltage regulator, which should be arriving soon.

I figured I'd let you guys take a look at the LCD I got and maybe give me some pointers. How do I power this thing and how would I go about connecting it to my PS2?

The diagram shows a backup camera (it's meant for use in a car), so I guess just imagine the PS2 is there instead?

Attachments