Question DSi questions

Hecmac

Im planning out a project and have some questions regarding the DSi and DSi XL.
My project is to make a 'DS Pro' with USB C charging, Bluetooth audio and better speakers.
To fit these, the shell will have a wider profile, featuring horizontally adjacent screens and grips for improved comfort, kind of like the switch lite.

I'm having issues regarding rearranging the screens and making the device compact, Ideally i want to use a regular DSi board as it is smaller and the DSi XL screens.
I haven't bought a DSi XL yet so I want to know if the DSi XL screens will work when connected to a regular DSi mobo. From looking at images of the displays, the connectors look identical, so id assume they would be inter-compatible.
The ribbon connecting to the top screen will be too short to place it next to the lower display, so I'm looking for a way to extend it. I know ribbon extenders are sold that work with the ds lite, but I don't know what type of ribbon is used on the dsi.

So tldr my questions are:
Are dsi and dsi xl screens compatible with each other?
What spec is the ribbon cable used for the dsi?
Do ribbon extenders exist for the dsi screens?

Thanks in advance!

The DSi XL has quite a bit of free space inside to be honest - to fit the USB C charging and Bluetooth audio you shouldn't need to make shell mods other than to add additional buttons. The speakers would have to be in the top half of the console, which I am less familiar with. I've personally made a DSi XL with integrated Bluetooth audio just by soldering some wires to the headphone jack. The only shell mod needed was making a few internal cuts to allow for wire routing and making 2 visible cuts to mount a Bluetooth pairing button and on/off switch.

Hecmac

This would be way more practical but I'm mostly doing this because I want a project. I want a unique project, something that's never been built before that will be difficult but not expensive to produce.

Hecmac

I've been doing some more planning too and I think I've found the right ribbon cables on aliexpress, not 100 percent tho. I think I'll just buy an xl and see if I can find a match.