Question DS lite pcb

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Hi man, crazy stuff happending here. anyways, would you share your scans? i would like to preserve them :)

So ds lite powers on but screen stays white stays on doesn’t turn off so im going to double check my wires. This is all for proof of concept if all works well then I will clean everything up and use proper wire.

Have you reconnected the BIOS / WiFi module? This sounds familiar to me when I did a few DS Lite repairs ages ago.

Brock

That looks awesome!
Did you get it go work inside the new case?
Anyways, great job

eliott

hey Dax, did you ever finish this project? also could you tell me a little bit about a good way to trim the dsl motherboard? i'm trying something similar and need a bit of help as i'm worried about trimming the board, thanks

I had a few set backs not done yet. Ds lite is a 6 layer pcb one power plain one ground an then 4 layers for traces all I did was got 6 ds lites that where the same an slowly sanded each layer then scanned into my computer to make a compendium like the guys on the Wii trim did. Then I identified each SMD component and looked up its data sheet. A lot of work

eliott

did you ever get a photo of the motherboard trim? just trying to gather as much info as possible

eliott

hey again, sorry to keep asking questions but, how did you plug in the touchscreen? as the touchscreen connects to the other half of the motherboard, thanks.

hey again, sorry to keep asking questions but, how did you plug in the touchscreen? as the touchscreen connects to the other half of the motherboard, thanks.
Soldered to ribbon cable with magnet wire to extend the cable 40 awg wire then soldered to the motherboard. I have a microscope so I can zoom in on to the pads an i use a jbc soldering station with the tiny soldering tip

Brock

Hey Dax, your work has inspired my to start my own DS lite project.

You mentioned that you made a compendium of each layer. Thats awesome!
Could you please share it with us? It would help me a lot and I think other members would really appreciate it aswel.

btw: have you made any more progress since your last update? I'd really like to see more of your build :)

Yes I’ll start a new post an up load it later today. An as far as my project yes I have but when all this coved 19 started in the states work got crazy busy an I had to put it on the back burner for a lil bit.