Question DS lite pcb

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
:rothink: if only that picture answered his question

I would assume it is at least 4 layers, possibly 6. The easiest way to find out for sure would be to sand the board down and count the layers (posting high DPI scans of these would help for future reference as well)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Someone here did a trimmed DS lite project at one point, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was. That person would know, the thread might be further back in Handhelds section. Akira might also know, he did some lite stuff way back in the day.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It may actually have been on a different forum, it was so long ago that I saw it. I'm sorry for being useless, it was just a passing recollection :(

So i want to cut the ds lite i have all my pictures of all the layers of the board any pointers from some of the pros would be awesome????

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If you have digital versions of the scans you can line them up as different layers in something like paint.net or gimp and see where traces go

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Since you sanded down multiple motherboards rather than just one, did you make sure they were the same revision beforehand? I know with the Wavebird, there are multiple revisions that look the same at first glance, just with slightly different component placement.

All boards are the same I have all ready cut board an reworked it to fit in my housing seems to be working ok

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Please don't post multiple times. There is an edit button if you need to update a post.

If you haven't already please read the rules.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Judging by the battery being connected with magnet wire, and also everything else in that image I'm going to guess it doesn't work.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
59DD05F6-6249-4AFA-95F2-B17738F4C5B1.gif