Dreamcast ControlView

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
This is the last of my old projects I'm going to post on BitBuilt. I'm resolving that anything going forward will be current projects. That way I'll actually be motivated to work on something new.

Dreamcast ControlView is a DC controller with a 3.5" screen in place of the VMU window. It uses a breakout box to send 5V and composite A/V to the controller via detachable USB-A to USB-B printer cable. Controls are unaffected, so it still functions as a regular controller, sacrificing only one of the VMU slots.

You can see speaker holes peeking out behind the trigger. Speakers on both sides of the VMU.

Controller embiggening. This was for a compo on the now-dead Bacman site, so ignore the sign.

Nothing fancy inside the breakout box. But in hindsight, this is where I should have put the audio amp.

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Nice! Ive thought about doing something like this for consoles like an xbox that are too large to be portablized. This came out really well.

Portables
3/4
I gotta say that you do some great work my friend, I can't see what new projects you come up with!! :)