Double-checking Wii Trim Mistake

home

Hello ! Realized I cut too much inwards into my Wii motherboard for the G-Boy trim, wanted to see if I could get a second opinion if the trim might work after all before I pivot to getting another victim Wii for a trim!

Thanks for your time !

Attachments

Portables
1 (Aran)
i cannot say for sure it might be alright but ill let someone with more experience say for sure, but you can always hold on to the board or give/sell to a more experienced modder they could use the board for some of the more advanced trims. Don't bin it

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You've hit the audio pre-amp, so you'll have to remove it and obtain audio from the input pins. Which isn't a major issue really. Besides that you just took out some passives for video out that most people don't use anyway. Give it a sand and a clean and it should work fine.

Why'd you cut it like that anyway?

home

Thanks for you two for the responses, super appreciated !

As for why it ended up like that, let's just say I have a terrible attention to major details sometimes :facepalm:

I'll prep it and move onto wiring it up to test !

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Next time to make it easier, you can use a plastic ruler and sharpie to draw the lines using landmarks from the trimming guide. It's much easier to cut that way