Model Dolphin Boy 2 Case Files (.123DX files + more)

Here are all of the files that I fully designed and 3D printed for my Dolphin Boy 2 portable gamecube that you can see here:

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/dolphin-boy-2-0.302/

These files can be opened and edited in Autodesk 123D but I suggest you export them as SAT files in 123D or delete all of the sketches before you make any modifications since the current 123D files are littered with the ~500 sketches I used that will slow 123D down.

I wouldn't suggest just printing these out expecting a flawless case. Check the thread I posted for the specs of the final portable and keeping mind I had to do touch up work my my dremel in certain places to get everything to fit, so this could be a good staring point for someone but not a ready to go case for a gamecube.

I also included the vector images of the gamecube logo I used, photos of how the parts are assembled depending on how you print it, and seperate files for the ABXY buttons you can mold into your own case.

I had to design a ~8mm spacer for the final product but I cannot find the files for it so keep that in mind of you plan to use these for a gamecube portable, it's a tight fit all around.

I have no ground to base this off of but I'm pretty sure these would work alot better with a few modifications for a Wii portable than a gamecube since you can fit the parts needed for a Wii in much smaller spaces.

I'm not offering any kind of "warranty" persay on this case or making an custom modifications. I had these on my computer and figured they could be a good framework for anyone else looking to 3D print a portable case.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Dolphin Boy 2 123D Files.zip

Attachments

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I agree with fibbef, that's really nice of you! :) Speaking from personal experience, 3d designing a case is hard work.

nobble

If only I had a 3D printer. I'm in the market for a case to put my Wii portable inside and was thinking about using one of the old giant GB cases and frankencasing it all, but that just seems messy.

Not Bad , basically the same with the first generation of gameboy, wii and NGC mod are more suitable