Question does the sd card slot need to be relocated?

I'm making the g-wii and there is a slot on the case for the sd card but if i dont need the sd card slot i would rather modify the case and add a hdmi out to use it as a home console as well as a portable. and if i could do this how would i add hdmi output if it even is possible. and would i loose any functionality if i removed the sd card slot?

buzzyc

There is no slot for an SD Card on the released files. The longer rectangle in the STL is the exhaust vent for the heatsink/fan

buzzyc

There is also no memory card slot in the STL - he or someone else said the video of the G-Wii was a commission with specific requirements.
upload_2019-4-3_10-17-28.png

There are only 3 holes in the top - Power Switch, heat vent & USB slot.
Arguably you could implement the new Wii Power Management board and use a power button instead of switch, which opens up the power switch hole for other uses.

No I just meant the actual slot on the motherboard, but also I was wondering how possible it would be to add HDMI output to display to tv

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
No I just meant the actual slot on the motherboard,
If you're making a gwii, that very much gets cut off when trimming... There are a couple ways to do HDMI out, the easiest being to put a wii2hdmi or similar converter (@Shank knows which one is actually good IIRC), however putting one alongside a built in screen will darken the image on both screens.

So will the screen be visibly darker or just minor? And do you mean put the wii2hdmi inside the console or just use it externally?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It isn't too significant, here is a video showing someone adding a second output to show how much it darkens on his particular setup.
And yes, I mean put the converter inside the case (though I'm not sure how easy it will fit inside your case depending on your particular setup).