Question Do you have to use a certain type of usb drive to install porablize me?

so when I do try to install portiblizemii it says fat error and then says no USB detected. I'm wondering if this has to do with the USB drive I'm using? (I'm using a SanDisk drive on a 4 layer board) I've tried everything, read the forums, tried different USB drives, everything. Anything I'm doing wrong?

so when I do try to install portiblizemii it says fat error and then says no USB detected. I'm wondering if this has to do with the USB drive I'm using? (I'm using a SanDisk drive on a 4 layer board) I've tried everything, read the forums, tried different USB drives, everything. Anything I'm doing wrong?
Are you formatting in FAT32? And in the right application for the storage of the drive?

Edit: Pictures please.

Some drives reportedly don't work so pictures/descriptive names would be helpful.

yes you do check here for compatability https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/portablizemii-compatible-usb-drives.2608/ id recommend using FCR-MRG2 with a Samsung evo micro SD card from what I've heard. also you do need to format it fat 32 with 32 kb clusters.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Format the USB to NTFS in Windows and then use this http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm to format it to FAT32 with 32768 Allocation Unit Size (also known as 32k clusters). A quick format is fine, but you can do a full one if you want. If that still dowsn't work, you'll need to try another USB drive.