Question Do I need to purchase a new pcb set?

Portables
What voltage is the battery sitting at? It might be too low for the PMS to engage, and need some charging
Sitting at about 3.5 v . I don’t even hear the fan when I turn it on

— I got the wii itself from crazygadget and he send pictures of the trim working so that shouldn’t be the problem unless I messed something up

***Edit***
So I de soldered pretty much everything from the PMS. I want to test to see if my PMS is damaged or something. What all is required to be connected in order for the fan to turn on?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sitting at about 3.5 v . I don’t even hear the fan when I turn it on

— I got the wii itself from crazygadget and he send pictures of the trim working so that shouldn’t be the problem unless I messed something up

***Edit***
So I de soldered pretty much everything from the PMS. I want to test to see if my PMS is damaged or something. What all is required to be connected in order for the fan to turn on?
Just the lithium battery is needed. Try charging the battery through the PMS for a while and see if anything changes.

Portables
Hey again! I took a break for a couple weeks but I’m back to it.
So I took everything apart from the backside and I still want to just test the fan with the PMS. Right now I have the batteries connected (both measuring 3.57 v), and the fan connected to the PMS and that is it and nothing is happening. Does anything else need to be connected? I did not charge the batteries like you mentioned because I had already taken everything apart. Let me know what you think! Thanks again

** I am confident in the solder connections btw , I’ve gotten much better so that shouldn’t be the issue

Attachments

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You'll need to wire the power switch / button to the PMS / ground.

Portables
Omg so when you said this I looked and realized I had never soldered the power button to the PMS....... So I de-soldered the whole backside for nothing lol but at least I know what the problem was. Thank you!

Portables
Okay I see what I did before. There is a btn pad on the PMS PD 2. Yet only 1 btn spot on the PMS itsself. So would I just solder two wires on the PMS button pad? One wire going from the power switch to the PMS pad and one wire going from the PMS pad to the PD 2?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Okay I see what I did before. There is a btn pad on the PMS PD 2. Yet only 1 btn spot on the PMS itsself. So would I just solder two wires on the PMS button pad? One wire going from the power switch to the PMS pad and one wire going from the PMS pad to the PD 2?
Ignore the PD-2 btn pad and just wire the Ashida PCB btn pad to the PMS. The PD-2's button isn't used in this build

Portables
Hey y’all no question today, just updating that it turned on!!! I was beginning to lose hope lol. I’ll update more next week thank you guys!!

Attachments

Portables
Hey! So when I turn on my device this happens (attached a photo) . The screen pops up for a few seconds not really formatted well, then it turns off by itself. What’s going on?

Before in my last post I had the rv loader folder in the root of my usb . Then I took everything out of that folder so all the files in the rv loader folder are now in the root of the usb if that makes any sense. Let me know what y’all think or if you need more info

**edit**
i attached two more photos for examples on how I had the root of the usb drive. Should I have the root like the one with the single RVloader folder containing all its files? Or should I have all of that folders contents be in the root of the usb like in the photo with example folders.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey! So when I turn on my device this happens (attached a photo) . The screen pops up for a few seconds not really formatted well, then it turns off by itself. What’s going on?

Before in my last post I had the rv loader folder in the root of my usb . Then I took everything out of that folder so all the files in the rv loader folder are now in the root of the usb if that makes any sense. Let me know what y’all think or if you need more info

**edit**
i attached two more photos for examples on how I had the root of the usb drive. Should I have the root like the one with the single RVloader folder containing all its files? Or should I have all of that folders contents be in the root of the usb like in the photo with example folders.
Photo of your file structure?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hmmmm. Easiest first troubleshooting step is to reformat the drive. Format the drive as NTFS via windows, then use guiformat to format it to FAT32 with 32k clusters. Doing it that way forces the formatting operation to be done fully, rather than just updating the table.

Portables
Hmmmm. Easiest first troubleshooting step is to reformat the drive. Format the drive as NTFS via windows, then use guiformat to format it to FAT32 with 32k clusters. Doing it that way forces the formatting operation to be done fully, rather than just updating the table.
I went ahead and tried that just now, I attached a photo that I believe shows the drive is successfully formated to FAT32. still same thing

again when i turn it on, it goes straight to that ss from the last post, stays on for a few seconds then turns off.

**edit** one time I was even able to move the c stick and a menu appeared for a moment before the device turned off

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Have you fully charged the batteries since the other week? If not, I'd do that now. Spontaneous shutdown is usually caused by insufficient battery charge, or transient capacitance. The former is much easier to rule out than the latter

Portables
Idk why I didn’t check that my b again, I plugged in the other battery and charged it for a couple hours. But now when I select RVloader here, it goes to a black screen. It stays on but nothing happens

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Idk why I didn’t check that my b again, I plugged in the other battery and charged it for a couple hours. But now when I select RVloader here, it goes to a black screen. It stays on but nothing happens
Oh, right. So, when the Wii boots, Priiloader automatically runs RVLoader. The menu you're seeing is RVLoader's default skin, so what you're doing there is trying to open RVLoader with RVLoader. I think you'll understand why that wouldn't work properly.

Portables
oh okay lol I thought I had to install it but I guess it is good to go. So I am setting up a game and it is not showing up! I checked the FAQ already. Here is my file structure for both the iso and the cover! (photos)

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
oh okay lol I thought I had to install it but I guess it is good to go. So I am setting up a game and it is not showing up! I checked the FAQ already. Here is my file structure for both the iso and the cover! (photos)
RVLoader was installed and configured the first time you ran it from the Homebrew Channel.

For Gamecube games every .iso file must be named "game.iso" in order for it to show up in the list

Portables
RVLoader was installed and configured the first time you ran it from the Homebrew Channel.

For Gamecube games every .iso file must be named "game.iso" in order for it to show up in the list
I changed it and still nothing, I tried using a different iso file and still no luck. I am not sure what to try next, what do you think?

Attachments