Question Do I need to purchase a new pcb set?

Portables
Hey thanks for the response but I am not including bluetooth. I am using this button for menu controls, and it does not seem to be working. From what I can gather normally buttons when pressed short to ground? I am testing mine and that is not happening.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Ohhh I understand. That button actually pulls high to 3v3, not gnd.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah you need to sever the 3.3v trace to the button, then connect a ground wire to that leg to make it work like a normal button

Portables
Yooooooooooooo it’s working guys I think I’m completely done!!! One last thing tho- there is this brightness comming from the bottom two corners. It’s hard to tell unless it’s in a darker area of a game but still would like to fix it if possible

**edit** also what temperature should the wii be?

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yooooooooooooo it’s working guys I think I’m completely done!!! One last thing tho- there is this brightness comming from the bottom two corners. It’s hard to tell unless it’s in a darker area of a game but still would like to fix it if possible

**edit** also what temperature should the wii be?
That's due to the way the lighting is arranged. The panel is edge lit, so the corners where the LEDs sit are always going to be notably brighter. You can adjust the brightness to make it a bit less stark, but it's always going to be like that in some capacity.

As for normal Ashida temps I have no idea

Portables
Is it supposed to be able to charge while I am playing? If so is there a setting? mine is not

Also - should i turn up the chraging current and/or the charge voltage? **edit** I turned the amps up to 2.5 and kept voltage the same

Also Also just wanted to thank everyone again, I am so glad everything is done. I literally couldn't have done this without yall so ty ty. I have only one minor issue and its most likely due to case warping, it doesn't close up all the way flush on one corner but its barely noticeable. Oh also the screw posts aren't great but thats probably due to the material I chose.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is it supposed to be able to charge while I am playing? If so is there a setting? mine is not

Also - should i turn up the chraging current and/or the charge voltage? **edit** I turned the amps up to 2.5 and kept voltage the same

Also Also just wanted to thank everyone again, I am so glad everything is done. I literally couldn't have done this without yall so ty ty. I have only one minor issue and its most likely due to case warping, it doesn't close up all the way flush on one corner but its barely noticeable. Oh also the screw posts aren't great but thats probably due to the material I chose.
Charge and play is limited by the quality of the USB-C power supply used, and the charging current in settings

Also yeah the case will 100% warp if left in direct sunlight or near something hot. Gotta protect it from the elements

Last edited:
Portables
Hey again! So I just noticed that one of my triggers is always registering I think. It’s weird tho bc when I look button tester they seem to be working fine. But when I load into melee my shield is always pressed . I took it apart and I think everything looks fine? What should I check ?

edit*** this is how it looks when I am not touching the triggers - maybe both are messed up or is this how it should look?

Attachments

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
You need to go into the controller settings and set them to analog

Portables
Hey so I got the controller configured , but I can’t get the tilt control to work. Is there a way to get it working or is it just not possible

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey so I got the controller configured , but I can’t get the tilt control to work. Is there a way to get it working or is it just not possible
By tilt control, do you mean the GC2Wiimote bindings? IIRC Motion Plus and some Wiimote accelerometer controls are still unsupported

Portables
I’m not exactly sure what each thing does but in super Mario galaxy on the surf planet it’s wanting me to hold out the wii remote and twist it to the left and right. I can’t get passed it :/

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I’m not exactly sure what each thing does but in super Mario galaxy on the surf planet it’s wanting me to hold out the wii remote and twist it to the left and right. I can’t get passed it :/
Ah yeah that's a known choke point, you can't do the manta controls with GC2Wiimote yet. You have to either sync a Wiimote to the system to do it, or move the save to another Wii, complete that star, then move the save back to the portable. I think the flight stick controls for the ball rolling stars are also presently unsupported as well

Portables
Hey so when I turn on my portable it flashes the blue vga screen for a moment and then goes to a black screen (the black screen more so looks like the screen just turns off). It did this before but I just left it alone for a few hours and it started working. Although now it’s doing it again. Any ideas of what’s going on?

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
Silly first thought, how much charge does your portable have? If it's opened up, what's the battery voltage? Could just be too low for the Wii to boot.

Portables
Silly first thought, how much charge does your portable have? If it's opened up, what's the battery voltage? Could just be too low for the Wii to boot.
I haven’t opened it up yet :/ but it was pretty charged up when this happened. I had it on and I was testing a new game I downloaded. I turned it off to re configure the controller and that’s when it stopped working

Portables
It looks like I fixed the issue. I suspected something was shorting somewhere so I opened it up and placed kapton tape on top of the wii. Seems to have done the job. Either that or I just moved the wire that was shorting something when I opened the case, and it will eventually short again.

Also it corrupted my saves :(