Question Do I need to purchase a new pcb set?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I changed it and still nothing, I tried using a different iso file and still no luck. I am not sure what to try next, what do you think?
Click the view tab in file explorer and make sure File name extensions is checked. If file extensions are hidden, then you have named the file game.iso.iso
1680570134185.png

Portables
Success! Thank you guys. Now I saw in another post that to get the LED to work there is a rvloader setting I need to change. Where do I access this setting, I dont see it on the settings tab?

Also I think I saw that post mentioned the volume potentiometer also needs to be enabled in these settings.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Success! Thank you guys. Now I saw in another post that to get the LED to work there is a rvloader setting I need to change. Where do I access this setting, I dont see it on the settings tab?

Also I think I saw that post mentioned the volume potentiometer also needs to be enabled in these settings.
I believe the LED setting is in the PMS configuration. I don't remember there being a setting for enabling the RVL-AMP analog volume passthrough, but it does requires PMS firmware v1.2 to work. You'll have to check if your PMS is on the correct firmware, and update it if it isn't

Portables
I believe the LED setting is in the PMS configuration. I don't remember there being a setting for enabling the RVL-AMP analog volume passthrough, but it does requires PMS firmware v1.2 to work. You'll have to check if your PMS is on the correct firmware, and update it if it isn't
Where can I view and update PMS configuration?

**edit** wait I see it shows it on 4layertechs webpage

Last edited:
Portables
My b for double post - I saw it says to copy the pms2.bin file to the root of the usb. Where is that file??

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
My b for double post - I saw it says to copy the pms2.bin file to the root of the usb. Where is that file??
Click the green v1.2 text in the features tab to download the file
1680576678061.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
omfg thank you, believe it or not I am trying to not ask a bunch of stupid questions xD.

So it says to navigate to the power tab, which I do not have...any idea?
Do you have SCW and SDW wired from the Wii to the PMS?

Portables
Do you have SCW and SDW wired from the Wii to the PMS?
I have them soldered like this diagram for the pcb set. Although now that I am looking I see the PMS shows a different diagram. So I don't need those wires connected to the rvl-amp at all?

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I have them soldered like this diagram for the pcb set. Although now that I am looking I see the PMS shows a different diagram. So I don't need those wires connected to the rvl-amp at all?
SCW and SDW should be wired from the Wii to the PMS, and then chained from the PMS to the RVL-AMP. It's touched on in the top right of this diagram
1680579751612.png

Portables
I am in a bit of a bind. The last thing not working for me are the speakers, and I found out its because they're not making good contact to the board. I would like to take off my pcb and solder them directly to the board but i stripped tf out of my screw and I can't get it out.... Any ideas? lmao

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I am in a bit of a bind. The last thing not working for me are the speakers, and I found out its because they're not making good contact to the board. I would like to take off my pcb and solder them directly to the board but i stripped tf out of my screw and I can't get it out.... Any ideas? lmao
You can try bending the speaker contacts a bit to better reach the pads

EDIT: Wait no that requires removing the PCB, which is the issue......... hmmmmmmmmmmm

One way to do it would be to carefully drill out the screw head

Last edited:
Portables
Okay so I was able to pry up the pcb just enough to solder magnet wire to the speakers! Everything is looking and sounding great, last thing I have to do is figure out screen control pins. Which I can figure out myself tonight

Question - is it possible to get vba gx or another gameboy emulator for the ashida? I know they exist for the wii but I wasn’t sure if it’ll work with a portable

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Okay so I was able to pry up the pcb just enough to solder magnet wire to the speakers! Everything is looking and sounding great, last thing I have to do is figure out screen control pins. Which I can figure out myself tonight

Question - is it possible to get vba gx or another gameboy emulator for the ashida? I know they exist for the wii but I wasn’t sure if it’ll work with a portable
It's possible, yes. I don't think we have a compatibility list for RVLoader, but most emulators that support USB storage should work. You'll have to try them out and see

Portables
Hey so I am having troubles figuring out screen control. I asked gunnar he told me he thinks its k2 and k3 to control the menu but I tried k1-k5 and none of them open up the menu. Stitches I know you said you werent sure but what do you think? Or maybe does anyone else know which pin that would be?

- attached a photo of someone elses portable that has this screen open

- another photo of the back of my screen driver board

** edit ** I have ground connected and I know I am getting a response from the driver board because I was able to cycle through input channels with one of the pins.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey so I am having troubles figuring out screen control. I asked gunnar he told me he thinks its k2 and k3 to control the menu but I tried k1-k5 and none of them open up the menu. Stitches I know you said you werent sure but what do you think? Or maybe does anyone else know which pin that would be?

- attached a photo of someone elses portable that has this screen open

- another photo of the back of my screen driver board

** edit ** I have ground connected and I know I am getting a response from the driver board because I was able to cycle through input channels with one of the pins.
No idea I'm afraid. Those are the OSD control pads, so one of them should be menu

Portables
Okay so it’s this button that’s the problem (bluetooth button). This is the button pad right?

( i figured out which pin is for menu )

**edit** I just cleaned up that residue and re did the solder. This button still isn't working :(

Attachments

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You can only sync wiimotes at the Wii home menu. Navigate to that from RVLoader anx try syncing there. Don't be alarmed if you get no picture (assuming you have vga wired), iirc it's trying to spit out 480i over VGA and the screen doesn't accept it.