Solved Do 6.2" (Composite) LCD's even exist?

Mumble

Portables
So, I'm starting another portable soon, and I want to use a Wii U Gamepad as a case.
I currently have a 5" LCD which is definitely way too small.
At first I thought "Well I could just get a 7" LCD and cut off some plastic", except the buttons are really close and I don't think that would work too well.

Nintendo had to like plan this out specifically knowing that people would make portables out of this, because their are no 6.2" LCD's anywhere except for the Wii U Gamepad.

Anyone have suggestions? Maybe you found a magical 6.2" LCD? OR EVEN BETTER, could I use the Wii U Gamepad LCD?

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I saw a screen similar but I didn't think it had a composite Input...Huh. Thanks
The description says 2 AV, which means 2 composite signals, and the composite plugs can be seen in the last video.

The price though...
All screens used to cost this much in the early days before I joined. The common ones are inexpensive, but the unusual ones are pretty pricey.

Mumble

Portables
The description says 2 AV, which means 2 composite signals, and the composite plugs can be seen in the last video.
Saw that after scrolling a bit haha, yeah this is definitely the one I want to get.
The other ones I saw only had HDMI and VGA, so thanks my dude.

BocuD

Portables

Mumble

Portables

BocuD

Portables
It shouldn't be bulky, since it is the exact screen and exact driver board shank posted, but his link contained both, which somehow made it more expensive. If you plug in the connector you have the same result right?

Mumble

Portables
I'll give that one the go then since everyone seems to be using that exact same one and say it's great.

Last edited:
Portables
3/4
I know this is a solved thread but just wanted to say thanks to everyone especially @Shank for this info. I've been looking for the same thing for my WiiG project using a Wii U game pad since 5" is a bit too small and 7" too big. You guys are awesome!! :)