Question Dimensions of a Wii with the OMGWTF trim

kyler

Hey you asked the exact question i was trying to find the answer for yesterday! What are the odds. One more dimension though - thickness at thickest part?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey you asked the exact question i was trying to find the answer for yesterday! What are the odds. One more dimension though - thickness at thickest part?
If the electrolytic 5v cap is still there, that'd be it at about 16-17mm from bottom of board to top of cap from memory. If you remove the 5v cap, the tallest spot is the video caps next to it at 14-15mm, then the GPU at 10/11mm. This is completely from memory, though, so I could be a few mm off. I'd check to be sure, but I just moved and can't find my damn rulers or caliper.

I made a .stl based on these dimensions, other images that i could find and from what ive seen on my ow wiis. i only added the few largest components but they should be accurate enough to be able to create something like a shell, i will make it more accurate if theres the need to, i could not check it properly as i do not have a 3d printer or my own wii trim available at this time, if somebody wants to correct it they sure can.