Question Did I break the fan?

Today I was doing a few experiments with my untrimmed wii motherboard and I foolishly tried to connect 2 fans at the same time (both required 5v) and the system crashed. When I turned it back on the fan wasn't working anymore. I tried to see if the fan or the connector broke and the fan was fine i think, but the connector was getting 0.5v which is most likely not enough for a 5v fan. What should I do? I have pictures if you need it. If you have any info about this please help. Thank you.

Last edited:

Viilmo

Portables
Today I was doing a few experiments with my untrimmed wii motherboard and I foolishly tried to connect 2 fans at the same time (both required 5v) and the system crashed. When I turned it back on the fan wasn't working anymore. I tried to see if the fan or the connector broke and the fan was fine i think, but the connector was getting 0.5v which is most likely not enough for a 5v fan. What should I do? I have pictures if you need it. If you have any info about this please help. Thank you.
Does USB still work? If no you killed your 5v reg somehow and need to connect your own regulator. Shouldn't be too bad since the board is still untrimmed

Viilmo

Portables
The wii only generates 6W of heat, so you are able to run it with just a heatsink for a few minutes, but you shouldn't do it. For the Fan I would just connect it to the nearest 5v line that outputs correctly.

Viilmo

Portables
Yes, but messure the output as it might be not working as a result of the fan