Not open for further replies.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
The trim lines exist for a reason. Use them.

This trim is going to be tough to use. It looks like you severed a couple of nand traces, which would need to be reconnected manually. You also lopped off the convenient vias for wiring USB, so now you'd need to scratch to the USB traces to access the data lines.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
That dig by the 1v15 cap is also pretty bad, you could be shorting the different layers, and there's no way to remove it by sanding, you'd need to trim that section off. Completely doable, but if if this is how the initial trim came out, I wouldn't risk it at this point.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Imma go ahead and third getting a new Wii and trying again. While you could save that trim, the amount of work it'll be is probably beyond your scope.

When you trim your next Wii, do yourself a favour and:
  • Draw the trim lines nice and straight with a ruler. Use the components on the PCB as landmarks to ensure your lines match up with the trimming guide
  • When you do trim the board, do it very slowly and carefully. Take your time, use a steady grip, and run each cut from one side of the full board to the other. Start with the shortest cut, and par down the board edge by edge, rather than trying to cut the trim out from the middle of the board.
  • Trim a little outside the lines, AKA make the trim a bit bigger than it needs to be. That way when you begin sanding the edges, you have a comfortable and safe margin to work with.

Once you have successfully done a standard trim, then you can look at sanding those edges off to make it fit in the G-Boy.

Little tip for cutting with a rotary tool. Let the tool do the work. Do not push on it trying to make it go faster. Just hold it steady and in contact with the work. It will grind through without help. Practice on the leftover PCB from the wii, after getting whatever you want to keep off the board. Try to hold the tool as close to the end as you can. You can usually hold them like a pencil right near the collet. It helps give you more control. Just watch out for the lock button. And try to keep from letting the cutting wheel twist, that causes most of the grabbing and jumping.

For usability, the other posters are the experts, so listen to them.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Portables
Hey this isn’t THEREALTOOMUCHDOG. He is my cousin please unban him. I was pissed that I messed up my cut. Just don’t ban him. He is actually trying to mod his wii. Please I can prove that it’s not him.

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
I shall coin the name for this arc as the "anti-ginger arc". It's shall be remembered for generations as one of the moments of BitBuilt history :XD:

Jokes aside, cmon man, "{account} is my {relative} please unban" is the oldest trick in the book do better.

Portables
look I know it sounds fake asf. At this point i dont even care if you unban TOOMUCHDOG but i am telling the 100% truth.

Plus you guys probably don't get a lot of drama here. let's be honest you guys had fun messing with me.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Reactions: Y2K

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
look I know it sounds fake asf. At this point i dont even care if you unban TOOMUCHDOG but i am telling the 100% truth.

Plus you guys probably don't get a lot of drama here. let's be honest you guys had fun messing with me.
I'll play on your court for a second. Even if you are telling the truth, the more you argue about this the worse it's going to get for you, so if I were you I'd quit while you're ahead and just move on. You really don't want to keep adding fuel to the fire for your own sake.

You'd be surprised
I'd appreciate it if you or others could fill me in on the discord server, sounds like it'd make a fun story time :D

Portables
bruhh I swear on my mothers grave that me and TOOMUCHDOG are different people. also why cant you just unban him. even if i was him nothing i said was that bad.

Look im sorry @GingerOfOz for being a dick. but I promise that had nothing to do with the other guy

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The ban is for 1 month. Unless proof is supplied and Ginger relents, the ban stays.

Portables
View attachment 25205

If you want to try to find a loophole, at least read the rules first.
Okay fine if this were an alt account then that would be against the rules but the rules also say that repeat offenders will be temp banned for breaking rule 1. I only posted one thing you could say broke that rule.

Anyways I messaged GingerofOz trying to prove these are different accounts so we will see how that pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.